Brave or stupid?

Talk about anything and everything
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Brave or stupid?

Post by wedgenut »

One of my daughters mates came round to see me the other night to ask about Piazza bits. He has a mate who is building a race car of some kind using a Piazza as a base. He is grafting in a bigmuthafucka V8 of some kind with a bazillion horsepower and more torque than a sherman tank and says he wants new ball joints. My reply was that he didn't want ball joints, he wants shooting the mad bastard. I'm hoping to get a look at what kind of animal he has spawned and with luck get some pictures.

Lunatics are really scary but very entertaining. If he gets it going and drops the clutch I will be the one behind the rubbish skip wearing full body armour and a crash hat. My son has a high speed camera so we might get some good shots of hot flying metal as the drive train explodes!
Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Post by Chris »

It sounds quite silly, but Ive seen Lancers with V8's so nothing is impossible.
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

2009 | 1986 White Piazza 2.2L, Man, STi Turbo (SOLD)
2006 | 1986 Black Piazza Turbo Manual (SOLD)
2005 | 1986 White Piazza Turbo Auto (Pain in the ass)
2004 | 1986 White Piazza Manual Stock
2004 | 1986 Red Piazza Manual TO3, Haltech
2001 | 1986 Silver Piazza Manual Turbo
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

Better sell the man some ball jonits then. lol.

I hope hes gone to a bit of trouble to get the motor mounted back at least 6", by that i mean a firewall chop and a new trans tunnel.

If he dont go crazy with huge tyres, all should be well for a little while with the diff. Tell him to start scoring some Rodeo and Jackaroo diffs. Did you get the WFR Shuttle over you side of the ditch?? They are good for diffs too, nice rust prone buckets they are.

Cheers. Bob
Too many Piazzas to little money.

Currently unemployed. Watch this space.
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

Rodeo and Jackaroo I recognise but don't know what the shuttle is and doesn't sound like I want to!
117Coupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by 117Coupe »

wedgenut wrote:Rodeo and Jackaroo I recognise but don't know what the shuttle is and doesn't sound like I want to!
The Shuttle was sold new in NZ from Jan '89 to Dec '92 as the Isuzu WFR van. Also available as a JDM used import as the Isuzu Fargo.

Paul
'80 Isuzu 117 Coupe
'87 Isuzu Aska
'93 Subaru SVX
'98 Mazda Roadster
'97 Honda Legend
'99 Honda Logo
'01 Toyota Will VS
'01 VW Polo
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

AH! yep , know the Fargo well, should be avoided at al costs, the wrecking yards are a popular place for them, you are right about the rust but i thought it was because they came here as deck cargo on a submarine. Hard to see on the road as most are just a big lump of black smoke under which stumbles along a knackered diesel donkey with chronic asthma.
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

You should've seen the rust in this one at the wreckers. Worse than any Gemini!
lol I know about the smoke bit, got stuck behind one on a freeway entrance I think it made it to about 60km/h before the merge to a 110km/h freeway.
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

:prayer: :prayer: All hale the bus. One is keeping a lot of my shit dry. lol

Rust was a bit of an issue. Well it was the main one. The mobile storage shed ive got is the most rusted car ive ever seen in my life. lol. Ive got one here thats pretty good for rust but its an 89 model. Its starting to go, just hope i can get it back on the road before it breaks out all over the joint. lol.

The petrol ones had the same 2L motor, with no EFI and Turbo. The manual and auto boxes are the same as is the diff. Good source of parts me thinks.

Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

And the Diesel was the 4FC1. 2L its the same as used in the Gemini but bigger.

Id say the smoke is more a representation of the odometer than anything else. Both motors were pretty good. The old 1.8L shuttle motor in my ute is still going strong, doesnt blow much smoke, rattles heaps but you just keep tipping the oil in.