Bad shit happens to bad people and me

Talk about anything and everything
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

I've had the tooth bag in and out of mine a few times and have it down to a fine art, shit if I was over there I'd come up and give you a hand, even if the beer is german, as long as I don't have to wear leather shorts
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

wedgenut wrote:even if the beer is german, as long as I don't have to wear leather shorts
mmmm leidrehousen. Im sure chris will correct the spelling.

Bob.
Too many Piazzas to little money.

Currently unemployed. Watch this space.
Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Post by Chris »

Leder Hosen, :goodman:

Just spoke to the guy again, wel he reckons he spoke to a few auto mechanics and they quoted him around the $1000 mark to reco and fit the box again.. Umm he also applyed he wont be able to pay for a job like this and goes to me, "Chris can't you get a box"??

Before I go on.. Somebody was selling not long a go a auto box, who was it?? $50 right?

Anyways.. I am not gonna buy a box and drive up their again and fuck around with him just to break it in the end.. This is starting to be the most expensive piazza I have bought so far.. So far I am up at $4000 + box, towing, train transfer etc..

Damn
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

2009 | 1986 White Piazza 2.2L, Man, STi Turbo (SOLD)
2006 | 1986 Black Piazza Turbo Manual (SOLD)
2005 | 1986 White Piazza Turbo Auto (Pain in the ass)
2004 | 1986 White Piazza Manual Stock
2004 | 1986 Red Piazza Manual TO3, Haltech
2001 | 1986 Silver Piazza Manual Turbo
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

Chris for the kind of money it is going to cost for transport, would it not be cheaper to stick a tow bar on your Magna and borrow or hire an "A" frame. magna would flat tow a little thing like a Piazza as easy as a breeze. When I went to get my turbo I used one and towed it with a Primera (2litre auto)

Sure on steep uphills it was a little slow but no real strain and steep downhills desrved respect and plenty of room for braking.

The "a" frame only cost me $20.00 per day which was cheaper and lighter than a dolly or a trailer.

With the box out you just need to rope up the back of the engine to stop it flapping about. Only other expense is gas. I know that isn't going to be cheap as Cairns is more than 5 minutes away right?

What does fitting a tow bar cost $250.00?

Shit it must be frustrating!
Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Post by Chris »

Thanks so much for that little package today.. I was like :rock: :prayer: :rock:. Already built it and giving the chassie to a spray painter and getting it sprayed rather than some crapy spray can or normal paints. :weedman:

I will try to get the white one on a train down here. I am also looking at the red one from 1uponu and its in NSW.. hmm another day drive. Wonder when I actually start buying cars around my area.

Thanks again wedgy!!
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

At least you can say you have a new Piazza! For the amount of money on that other nightmare you could have got one shiped over from here but I don't know how you would get on with compliance over there. Photos are expected!
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

Your not allowed to flat tow anything over here anymore. It has to be on a trailer. I think in South Oz your allowed to dolly under the front wheels still.

You used to be allowed to "A" frame tow but they put a stop to it. The only way your allowed to do it is if its a ute with a fuel tank behind a peice if machinery. It becomes a utility trailer then. Well thats the argument the contractors use.

They are right up on the weight towing verses weight towed. If its over a certain amount it has to be braked and that excludes most cars from being flat towed without some sort of axucillary braking system.

But thats not gunna stop me from having an A frame for my ute, especially when i get the 4x4 i want.

Chris you could try a non car carrying mob to get the Piazza down. They will lift it on to a flat deck or tautliner with a forklift. The mob i used to work for used to cart heaps of cars like this, one mob used to do all wrecks and stuff from the auctions as back loads.

Ring around and see how their prices compare. Then all you have to worry about is getting it to your place from a local depot. Id look for someone who does a lot of flat top work, either that or heavy haualge mob. Id say the guys who do the produce market stuff wont want to know about it.

Just make sure you get the clown up the other end to stop the motor floppin around and put the box in the back well wrapped and under the carpet.

Cheers. Bob.

Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

Fork lifts do wonders for sills and floorpans.. Only cars at the wreckers should be lifted that way.
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

Bugle wrote:Fork lifts do wonders for sills and floorpans.. Only cars at the wreckers should be lifted that way.
Yeah i was thinking that today.

Thats for the un initiated. We used to carefully place timber bearers on the fork lift tines under the floor/chassis to stop from damaging the sills/undercarrige when lifting cars.
The mob i worked for did a lot of oil and stuff for castrol, they used to cart their mock up supercar all over the country, never had any complaints about anything on it.

If you go that way chris be sure and tell them its a rare car that is to be fixed. Its not a wreck and its not a bomb.

Cheers. Bob.

wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

Get a hold of some uni students and convince them to do a charity fund raising event for the poor in africa or something. Once they have agreed it is a great idea and they are struggling for an idea on how to do it suggest quietly that maybe they should think about a sponsored car push or something with sponsors paying them per kilometre.

Tell them they need publicity so it has to be really different like shoving a car all they way from cairns to brisbane! Being the top bloke you are you can offer to help by donating a vehicle to use.

Don't mock the idea, most students would turn out for the opening of a newspaper if they thought it would get them on TV. All you have to do is start a rumour it is actually happening with the local student newspaper and within a week there will be students clambering over broken glass trying to find out who is running it and how to join up for it!

It happened in the UK where a guy worked this scam to get his house contents moved from London to the North somewhere for nothing. The stupid bit is the students that got sucked in actually made a fortune to pay for a local sports ground to be upgraded.

How he manged to keep a straight face with a bunch of tomorrows leaders trudging along the highway with a sofa on their heads beats me! It was on a web site about a year ago but I can't find the link to it now.
piazza-crx
APC Member
APC Member

Post by piazza-crx »

yeh ive got that auto box. $50. It still works but has traces of metal fillings and no kickdown cable. Have thr T.C. too. (included)
If Gemini's were ever meant to go fast, they would have come out of the factory with 4zc1t engines!!

Business CD Solutions
piazza-crx
APC Member
APC Member

Post by piazza-crx »

f$@k that piazza!! buy one of the piazza's here in adelaide. Hell for $4000 you could get that piazza Irmsher Nero. I'll go and pick it up for u, stick in on a transport truck and it'll cost $4700 all up, then u get it complied and you're laughing. Otherwise buy the other one here for $1500, and it'll cost u $2200 all up.
If Gemini's were ever meant to go fast, they would have come out of the factory with 4zc1t engines!!

Business CD Solutions
Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Post by Chris »

I would and I am interested in the $1500 but I already payed for the white one in Cairns so regadless i need to get it down.

And could you keep the box forawhile as I really need it soon.

How much you reckon freight would be on a pallet
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

Damn $4000 why'd you pay that much?

Might as well get the thing since you've bought it though.
What exactly is the problem getting the box in? I had a problem with the locating dowel being bloody tight when fitting my box. I just had to tighten the bolts while jiggling the box around a bit to get it to go on.
Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Post by Chris »

Well the ZH cost me $1200 + $350 petrol + $80 in parts to get it all going and stuff + $50 for a new dizzy and stuff and $100 petrol going back down than catching a plane $200 (2 tickets) + plus all the food, smokes, drinks and camping sites.

We tryed for 3 days getting the box in and bend the middle nozel of the TC on our first attempt. Next time we tried his mate bolted it in which fucked stuff up so yeah apperently it needs to be reco.
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!