Cars at wreckers etc......Taken from chris' sad tale.

Talk about anything and everything
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

Nah that cooler is sitting to low. Give my missus 5 mins and shed have that ripped off on a gutter or somethin.

I rekon the idea is that you dont advertize stuff like that. Its a give away at the lights, not that i support that sort of thing, plus its a $300 extra reason for the sort of bloke you dont want to drive your car to help himself to a test drive.

Nick, ive got to get it all here and sort thru it, then i will make a list of surplus stuff for all. Should be right for a window reg etc. It amazes me that the two cars are stripped inside and underneath but the pannels and glass etc is still there.

Its getting further off. Will have to get my finger out and sell these cars ive got here. I bought Matts ball joint off eBay, im gunna get the park lights too. Theres a new Piazza intercooler listed on eBay that ive got my eye on too.

Weve hijacked this thread. Im gunna split it up so chris can have his sad tale back to himself.

Cheers. Bob.
Too many Piazzas to little money.

Currently unemployed. Watch this space.
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

$150 is a bit much for an intercooler even if it is new.. Considering the prices of intercoolers these days. It's not like they wear out.
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

Bugle wrote:$150 is a bit much for an intercooler even if it is new.. Considering the prices of intercoolers these days. It's not like they wear out.
Yeah Bugle but it fits straight in the hole. I know i can get a dirty great front mount for $200 but im not sure it will fit in the hole.

GeminiCoupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

Cheers bob, just let me know. I know the red car didnt have it, another reason why i lost it at the rear window and busted my knuckles.

With the intercooler, me and a mate have kinda-sorta figured out the best way to do it while still retaining the A/C. The thermo fan has got to go for the A/C Core, and provided your core isnt too high the headlight motors should be ok. Basically, it just runs from headlight to headlight in between the bumper support and the radiator support. The only things getting in the way are a few support bars for the radiator etc. Nothing you cant fix with a MIG and some 5mm steel straps.

Nick-
project - 76 Gemini Coupe G200z EFI Turbo
daily - 02 S15 Nissan 200SX GTspecS Turbo
wet-weather fun toy - TX 75 Gemini Sedan G200z
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

Rodeobob wrote:
Bugle wrote:$150 is a bit much for an intercooler even if it is new.. Considering the prices of intercoolers these days. It's not like they wear out.
Yeah Bugle but it fits straight in the hole. I know i can get a dirty great front mount for $200 but im not sure it will fit in the hole.
Nah my point is Piazza coolers are no longer of any use to anyone but a Piazza owner. People with any car used to buy them up and weld them together for an upgrade but huge coolers are so cheap these days people just buy those. It basically renders most cars stock intercoolers worthless. I saw a standard Piazza intercooler on hotgemini a while back go for $20.
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

Yeah thats true enough Bugle. I was looking on eBay for some cheap ones. There are a few on there under $50 but most are the plastic tank ones.

I was just keeping an eye on the Piazza one. Got no cash any way. Got to get some money to Matt for his ball joint.

If and when i need the third cooler im thinking it will be for a car that needs no A/C or headlight motors etc.

Cheers. Bob.