I had a wee accident

Talk about anything and everything
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

I had a wee accident

Post by Rodeobob »

Ooops

Thats the crap thing about a Piazza, god damn electric windows. I wasnt in the frame of mind to ask she who must winge about everything for some assistance, you know how it is the nagging and the fact that then you owe her one. So i give a big heave and couldnt stop the thing. lol. I made it as far as the mirror and was pulling on that. lol. I didnt expect it to take off like that, the driveway is up hill.

Wasnt hard to fix theres a center removable thing between the two roller doors. But alas i had to get the winge queen to come and help me put it back in once i got it out. Take it out and the roof of the shed drops 10mm and you cant get it back in. lol. Got it back in, trolley jock on the saw horse with a length of pipe and a block of wood.

See my thread for an update i got a bit done on it.

Bob.
Too many Piazzas to little money.

Currently unemployed. Watch this space.
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

haha who cares about the shed did it damage the piazza at all?
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

Not that i could tell. The bumpers were a bit banged up already.

It was sort of like slow motion. It was like it crashed into a sponge. The BBQ was about two feet away from the door and it hit it and crap went everywhere. lol. Nothing damaged just the door.

Bob.

GeminiCoupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

LOLLLL. The Curse of the Piazza strikes again! LMAO. Good to see Me and Chris arent the only ones that suffer.

The old lady did something worse then that once. Driving the aunties VS, she gave it abit too much right foot going up the drive way and nailed the front end into the roller door. Me and the old man are in the house watching the soccer and we just hear this BANG and shit falling. Walk into the garage, i see the roller door about 1 foot in, a shiny silver VS front bumper in there somewhere, and a whole heap of 2 x 4 planks that just happened to fall directly on my newly-aquired-for-nothing TG Sedan. I wasnt happy.

Nick-
project - 76 Gemini Coupe G200z EFI Turbo
daily - 02 S15 Nissan 200SX GTspecS Turbo
wet-weather fun toy - TX 75 Gemini Sedan G200z
Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Post by Chris »

Ho Ho Marry fucking Xmas.. I told you guys since years, that their is a curse on the piazzas..

Bob, its time for carport for your new years resolution...
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

2009 | 1986 White Piazza 2.2L, Man, STi Turbo (SOLD)
2006 | 1986 Black Piazza Turbo Manual (SOLD)
2005 | 1986 White Piazza Turbo Auto (Pain in the ass)
2004 | 1986 White Piazza Manual Stock
2004 | 1986 Red Piazza Manual TO3, Haltech
2001 | 1986 Silver Piazza Manual Turbo
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

At least you didn't load it on to the trailer backwards and then rip the farking bumper off when you were unloading it again because the angle of the driveway was just wrong for doing it, NOT THAT I KNOW OF THIS HAPPENING TO ANYONE! NO sir not me I wasn't there, I promise scouts honour.

By the way do you know anyone that wants a slightly damaged early model hard plastic front bumper, it comes in its own free potato sack, some assembly required and small parts may prove to be a choking hazard.
So many cars, so little cash
GeminiCoupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

wedgenut wrote:At least you didn't load it on to the trailer backwards and then rip the farking bumper off when you were unloading it again because the angle of the driveway was just wrong for doing it, NOT THAT I KNOW OF THIS HAPPENING TO ANYONE! NO sir not me I wasn't there, I promise scouts honour.
youve got some explaining to do boi! :axe: This i want to hear lol. Makes the whole breaking-down-15-times-on-the-first-night scenario i had seem like childs play.

Nick-
project - 76 Gemini Coupe G200z EFI Turbo
daily - 02 S15 Nissan 200SX GTspecS Turbo
wet-weather fun toy - TX 75 Gemini Sedan G200z
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

Nah the old trailer is pretty good, its not too high like some are.

Ive found that most of the hire trailers are way too high and you need 20' ramps to get std height cars on em.

Theres only one thing i dont like about that trailer. The bloomin guards. Some cars you cant open the door to get out/in. If you can when you sit in the car the door catches or scrapes on the trailer.
Plus im thinkin that the axles need to be moved back 4 or 5 inches. It sways a fair bit over 80kmh with a large car on. Or a backwards car. Its not like the Rodeo goes too fast so 80kmh is fine to plod along at. With an N12 pulsar in the right spot ive done up too 130kmh no dramas. With a Jackaroo on it ive done 15kmh 1st gear up a hill flat knacker. lol.

Im planning to build my own trailer. A 6 wheel independent suspension job. Depending on how things work with doing the space cab up it could be a 5th wheel trailer.
Ive got nearly enough RHS to build it. Im still thinking about the suspension. Ive got a pair of N12 rear suspension arms and i rekon they could be the go. Just trying to work out which would be the best springs to use and it will be fitted with a shocker for each wheel. 13" wheels will keep it a bit lower so the deck can go over the wheels, or at least at a height where guards wont be an issue for opening doors. It will have built in restraints/ratchets and a winch.

Bob.

wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

Know exactly what you mean Bob about doors getting stuck on wheel arches, the best trailer I have seen was an old Oxford caravan deck that the body had been taken off, original wheels and axle were removed and it was fitted with tandem 10" mini wheels under the deck on a walking beam and flush with the outside so you could use full deck width. The drawbar had been sttrengthened and converted to tilt boom, sweet, no ramps to piss about with and a 12 volt winch too. The old caravan drop legs were still on it at the rear as well and a jockey on the front so it could be jacked to any height for tow bar alignment, and was a stable platform when needed. Obviously built by a bloke after years of getting pissed off with hire trailers I guess. It had built in tie down straps with webbed bags for fitting over the wheels. When I saw it, the load was a corvette tricked out for drag racing. Make it so!
So many cars, so little cash
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

yeah one day i will.

The one ive got is a loaner. Well its more a stray. Its my mates dads he bought it to tow his old vintage car on but doesnt realy have anything to tow with at the moment. Hes got no room to keep it either so it lives at my place. its a handy thing to have. Sometimes i wish i didnt have it, no trailer no more buying cars, too hard to get em here. lol.

Bob.