What should i do with this??? And this and this.

Talk about anything and everything
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

What should i do with this??? And this and this.

Post by Rodeobob »

The top one

Its my latest purchase.

Bob.
Last edited by Rodeobob on Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Too many Piazzas to little money.

Currently unemployed. Watch this space.
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

What's it off?
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

T5 from an EA Falcon.
Same shifter length as a Piazza box.
The box itself is about an inch longer.
I was told these have a 6" long input shaft and the Commodore ones have a 10" input.

Bob.

Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

Does anyone make a bell housing to suit a G/4Z series engine?
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

Youd have to talk to the guy at dellow in sydney. Geoff i rekon his name is.

They make one to put that box behind a V6. $450 or so. Then another $350 for the manual flywheel for the V6.

I think CRS make an adapter plate for Commodore V6 onto the Rodeo/Jackaroo/Gemini box.

Im sure there is a way to put it behind a G/4Z.

I thought of a simple one. Machine the bellhousing off a G/4Z box flat on the back to bolt ot the face of the box. IE: cut the gear housing bit off the back. But the Bellhousing on the T5 isnt that deep so it wont work. Would work with a box thats got a longer input shaft. Maybe a commodore one.

Bob.

poida
APC Member
APC Member

Post by poida »

You'd only need the customised V6 bell housing. The standard V6 flywheel should all still do the job if the housing were carefully designed. The V6 commodre five speed (T5) is the same box basicly with a different bell housing and extension housing as well as a longer input shaft. Gear sets are slightly different ratios and the main casings are just a bit different I've assembled only about 20,000 of them! Ford also wanted theirs filled with Dexron 3 fluid and a special additive where Holden used VMX80 gear oil.

To be honest Bob, I'd just sell it as is and if you want a decent box behind a V6 in a Gemini, try the Getrag 260 box as used in the VT. Way less stuffing around and probably cheaper too. Same box can be found in many european cars such as BMW and Benz. Tough box bred from racing and it is short too. No rear slip yoke in an extension housing. The output shaft is right up at the back of the main casing.

Some of crap images but you'll get the idea. I'll drag mine out and snap a few pics during the day.

NOTE: These are not Holden boxes. Holden use a three bolt output flange.

Nice ratios too allowing a nice tall diff ratio but still giving good pull.
Getrag 260 Ratios
First: 3.83
Second:2.20
Third: 1.40
Fourth: 1.00
Fifth: 0.81

T5 Ratios
First: 3.25
Second:1.99
Third: 1.29
Fourth: 1.00
Fifth: 0.72

Oh, here Bob, something to drool over. A BMW 7 speed Getrag!! lol.

:finga:
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

Holden one has the bellhousing and front half of case in one piece like the Gemini too. I think he's wanting to put a stronger box onto a 4Z not onto a V6.
If people are doing Isuzu gearbox to Commodore V6's that must say something for the Isuzu box strength!
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

poida wrote:You'd only need the customised V6 bell housing. The standard V6 flywheel should all still do the job if the housing were carefully designed. The V6 commodre five speed (T5) is the same box basicly with a different bell housing and extension housing as well as a longer input shaft. Gear sets are slightly different ratios and the main casings are just a bit different I've assembled only about 20,000 of them! Ford also wanted theirs filled with Dexron 3 fluid and a special additive where Holden used VMX80 gear oil. :
Oils aint oils, huh. lol.
Finding a manual V6 motor will be the key. Sure i could just buy a new flywheel but then id have to chase up a Memcal as well. Im in no hurry, ive got the box sitting here.
Id still like to fit a Rover alloy V8 in instead, but the V6 has the price appeal.
poida wrote:To be honest Bob, I'd just sell it as is and if you want a decent box behind a V6 in a Gemini, try the Getrag 260 box as used in the VT. Way less stuffing around and probably cheaper too. Same box can be found in many european cars such as BMW and Benz. Tough box bred from racing and it is short too. No rear slip yoke in an extension housing. The output shaft is right up at the back of the main casing.

Some of crap images but you'll get the idea. I'll drag mine out and snap a few pics during the day.
Dont swear at me Poida, You woudnt go to church and swear at the Podre. So why come here and swear at the Piazza Reverend???? LMFAO

I saw one on eBay the other day. Not sure what it was out of some BMW but i thought it would be too small. Was looking but cant find it again.
You got a bargain with yours.

I say a Getrag would be nice, after all i did have a Clubsport with a T5 in it and ive driven a VX with the Getrag. But ive forked out my $300 and i rekon its a pretty fair price, not a super bargain like we love but not too expensive.
Im not plannin a killer race car either, just a cruize mobile.
poida wrote:Oh, here Bob, something to drool over. A BMW 7 speed Getrag!! lol.
Yeah ive got my pants pulled back up now. lol.

I will get back in eBay when i get a chance and see if i can find that box. I dont know my e da de dah BMW numbers but id say the 4 cyl box would be crap.

Bob.

Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

Bugle wrote:Holden one has the bellhousing and front half of case in one piece like the Gemini too. I think he's wanting to put a stronger box onto a 4Z not onto a V6.
If people are doing Isuzu gearbox to Commodore V6's that must say something for the Isuzu box strength!
Nah its for a V6 or something Bugle.
If it was an Isuzu 4 id use one of the TF boxes.

The adapter plate thing is more for the 4x4 conversions. Id rekon a V6 would chew a non TF isuzu box up pretty quick.

Bob.

Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

The commodore has a bolt off bellhousing
heres one
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/VN-Commodore-Man ... dZViewItem

I also found this
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... Track=true

Would be worth a $50 bid i rekon if i know what it was. 5 speed out of an old 6cyl VH Commodore im guessing, if thats the case its not worth $2.

Cant find the Getrag box.

Bob.

Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

Yeah I meant the Getrag with the bellhousing thing.
MUA woudl be nice if you could get it in the same ratios as the Piazza. Those T5 ratios Poida listed would suit the Piazza well.
poida
APC Member
APC Member

Post by poida »

The T5 ratios are the VP Commodore V6 ones.
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

Because ive now got this, $80 off eBay

[thmb]http://ozisu.com/photobucket/Picture%20002.jpg[/thmb]

and this, my mate said use, might as well, its not worth crap and its just sitting there.

[thmb]http://ozisu.com/photobucket/Picture%20003.jpg[/thmb]

This came with the $80 ebay special. It was attached but pulled it off to make it easier to move.
Behind it is my Rodeo width 9" i got off eBay for $400. Just happens to be the same width as a Piazza or near enough.

[thmb]http://ozisu.com/photobucket/Picture%20005.jpg[/thmb]

And ive got this im my shed

[thmb]http://ozisu.com/photobucket/Picture%20004.jpg[/thmb]

Wonder what i should do????

Ive got a few other goodies.
Manual VN bellhousing.
Various brake bits and pieces, VT brakes and the like.

Ive got a really big welder too.

Might all end up a bit too dangerous.
Considering i had a quick measure in the engine bay.
From the centre of the mount on the corossmember back to the fire wall is 300mm
From the centre forward is over 600mm :cyclopsani:

Bob.

Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

Might as well put it all in, since a 3.8 can be legally installed in a Piazza!

How long is the buick compared to a 4Z?
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

About 2 inches shorter. So not much really.

The motor has to go back IMO. Its heavier than the 4Z by a fair bit and its too far forward for my liking.

Theres no hope of fitting a series 1 V6 in the engine bay. Im trying to chase a S2 manifold that will fix the water pipe issue. Ive got a bid on an ecotec manifold but im not sure if it will fit.

Ive got a shell here i got off Joe. Its got no diff and no brakes/stubaxles.

Im going to check it for rust, and if theres any im going to have a go with that. Cut the firewall right out of it and go nuts with it for a play toy.

I will see if i can work out from that fiddle if a V6 can go in a road car without to much fuss.

Bob.