Piazza Modifications

Talk about anything and everything
Dave

Piazza Modifications

Post by Dave »

Hi all. Just like to firstly say how happy I am to see a web page dedicated to Piazza's in Australia. Its about time.

I have a silver Manual piazza which I just recently bought after having a blue auto piazza....what a difference between the manual and auto.

What I would really like to know is what the highest boost pressure the standard motor and computer on the piazza can run safely and happily....I have got a manual boost controller on there at the moment and it is running at 10 psi but I dont think it is running quite right, possibly lean and I am a bit worried that the computer is not compensating for the increased boost pressure. The fuel pump on the car is quite a bit noisier than the one on my old piazza and I am thinking that this may be part of the cause...what do you guys think?? Can you buy piazza fuel pumps off the shelf at the auto stores or do you have to get them overseas??

I have heard people running up to 15psi comfortably but I dont know whether to believe this info or not?? Anyone have any experience?
I love my Piazza, I am about to post a picture in the show section so you can all see it!!

Thanks for your help guys

Dave
Shorty

Post by Shorty »

not 100% sure (because i never done it) but what i read from an article on http://www.autospeed.com/cms/A_0234/article.html it says "The engine runs L-Jetronic injection together with a separate ignition system. This means that a chip-swap isn't available, because the EFI doesn't hold any maps within a chip. However, hard-wiring changes and airflow meter recalibration should be able to be made to cope with major fuelling upgrades." so that is why 15psi can be ran, engine will die over time and hard driving for sure but it's just like any other turbo car.

as for the fuel pump it's very easy to put a bigger pump of a different car and put it in the tank or just buy an aftermarket external and put a surge tank on (which can be made with a welder some steel or aluminum and a little know how.
faffled

Post by faffled »

15psi stock...do it if u wanna see a piston fly out the bonnet haha