Isuzu 3.2 DOHC V6 - This months zoom

Talk about anything and everything
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

The exhaust helped mine a bit, especially since some dumb shit had replaced the section from the middle muffler to the rear muffler with 1.75 inch.

You can't stuff 4th gear it's not actually a gear it just hooks the input shaft directly to the output shaft.. Also if your gearbox is stuffed it makes big crunchy noises n stuff.
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

?piazza? wrote:I find mine runs faster on regular unleaded - i reckon the computer aint designed for the better higher octane fuels.....
Id say youd have to dyno the car and set the timing differently to get the most from Premium fuel.

If i remember right i put PULP in my ute to go from Ballarat to Hamilton (thru Cargnham coz its flatter) with the empty tandem trailer. The price per litre was less than i paid in Melb for ULP when i left.
The same return jouney on ULP via the Hamilton Hwy (hillier route, more towns), with the Piazza on the trailer saw me use 3L less fuel.

Go figure that one out you hi tech labratory working full of shit fuel company people.

Its all ULP for me from now on.

Exhaust could well be the key. I wouldnt say that its all exhaust.

My ute runs out of puff at 4000rpm. Id say most 4Z motors would as thats about the peak power RPM. The Piazza has the exact same cam shaft specs as all the carby 4Z motors. Also in the equation is the fact that the turbo controler setup they used on the car was for mid range, for driveability.

Bob.
Too many Piazzas to little money.

Currently unemployed. Watch this space.