Isuzu set to return to car making?

Talk about anything and everything
GeminiCoupe
APC Member
APC Member

Isuzu set to return to car making?

Post by GeminiCoupe »

A pic bugle posted up, not really relevant to my thread but i find it cool none the less. Isuzu V12 Formula 1 engine.

I posted this up on ozgem but seeing as most of the "kids" dont know shit, im not suprised there was no reaction. Rumour has it that now that GM no longer owns Isuzu, there will be a return to car making. These concept "sketches" [they dont look like a sketch, more like a full model but theres only the one shot] were officially released to a car mag back in '03 with "vague" details. So far the cars identitys are unknown, however one suggestion is that the two cars are two different levels of Gemini Coupe [think Type S and Type R].

The other suggestion, and i think the more accurate one, is that the dark car is a Bellet GTR and the light car is only known as 117 [ :yawinkle: ]. Nothing was really mentioned about the dark car, although the silver car is being "rumoured" to be RWD and running a 250hp version of the 6VE1 which recently won awards. Rumoured power plant for the "Bellet GTR" is a petrol version of isuzus 4cyl Diesels, most likely the 1.7 or a de-stroked 2.4.

All of this was pinched from http://www.isuzuperformance.com/isupage/ , theres a pretty good write up on Isuzus history so it might be worth a read. One interesting point though, was this:
Remember, GM buys all those diesel engines from Isuzu, and Isuzu already supplies all of the major components to build a car to GM and others, even the 4EE2 1.7 liter, DOHC, variable valve timing, direct injection, passenger car engine, as well as numerous transmissions supplied for Chevrolet, Pontiac, Saturn, Opel, and Vauxhal. Isuzu need only build their own body to accept all the pieces they already make for other companies, and Japan's Oldest Car Maker will be back making cars.
Im not sure if driving versions of the two cars above actually ever existed, but its not so silly to think that something indeed is going on in a dark warehouse at Isuzu...

Nick-
project - 76 Gemini Coupe G200z EFI Turbo
daily - 02 S15 Nissan 200SX GTspecS Turbo
wet-weather fun toy - TX 75 Gemini Sedan G200z
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

Welcome to 2003 :)
I've seen some other sketches of a new Piazza as well somewhere else.. Can't find it now.
GeminiCoupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

Yeah i know, i saw those drawings ages ago however i thought they warranted a repost seeing as Gm no longer controls Isuzu.

Try and find the other pics asshole!

Nick-
project - 76 Gemini Coupe G200z EFI Turbo
daily - 02 S15 Nissan 200SX GTspecS Turbo
wet-weather fun toy - TX 75 Gemini Sedan G200z
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

I'm sure I saved them somewhere hopefully I can find them.
storm_rider_
Probationary
Probationary

Hey i found a site thats got some info on the v12

Post by storm_rider_ »

Now Thats a pretty awesome bit of engineering.

I bet it makes a hellish noise

http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... l%26sa%3DN
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

sweet, too bad it never made it to the grid