-89 Piazza Turbo HBL - Kaizen Racing Project 2

Showcase your rides here. Read "Picture Help" to find out how to host your pic's
Piazza_man
God member
God member

Re: -89 Piazza Turbo HBL - Kaizen Racing Project 2

Post by Piazza_man »

Nice work Tomas. Keep posting and sharing mate. Can’t wait to see what the new wheels look like on the car too. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Nismo
Probationary
Probationary

Post by Nismo »

Alright time to add some more stuff to the TO-DO list since I've noticed, for a pretty long while ago, that there are some leakage in the trunk...

TO-DO
[ ] Kakimoto or HKS muffler
[ ] Custom stainless exhaust
[X] Quad lights
[X] Wax and polish
[ ] Fix squeaky panel
[ ] Re-do window tint
[ ] Paint wiper arms
[X] Change spark plugs
[X] Change ignition cables
[ ] Fix gasoline gauge
[ ] Fix radio
[ ] Fix steering bushes
[ ] Fix hood latch handle
[ ] New gold line stripes
[X] Change thermostat
[ ] Fix heating/cold air
[ ] Add front lip
[ ] Fix leaking rear windshield - NEW
[ ] Rust fix in trunk - NEW

I went to a friend of mine working with car glass that was quite optimistic to find the leak, and I was quite doubtful. It turned out that the whole windshield wasn't sealed or glued in the bottom line! A result of a repair job done on the car when last owner had an accident! :angryfire:

We discovered a whole lake in the spare wheel well of rain water, and rust beginning to grow in the bottom! Fortunate enough I think I can still just dry it out, and clean up as much as possible and paint on rust stop!

Windshield is out!

Glue removal and preparation for new sealant.

Also just got news from the wheel company that they are still delayed....dammit!
Good news is that the Zoom lowering springs now are soon to be shipped from Japan! Yay!
Piazza_man
God member
God member

Post by Piazza_man »

:thumbright: Good to see the glass sealing job is being sorted properly. Only minor surface rust in the spare wheel well, but should spray that with zinc paint just to be sure.