Once upon a time...my 1st PIAZZA

Showcase your rides here. Read "Picture Help" to find out how to host your pic's
Piazza_man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Once upon a time...my 1st PIAZZA

Post by Piazza_man »

I wonder what happened to her. I sold it back in 1998 (I think). Despite the headaches I had with her I still miss her. Does anyone know what happened to her?

Rims were only 16in, which was considered pretty big back then. Woo hoo! Before selling it I installed a two-way water/methylated spirits injection system which squirted a fine mist before the turbo, and another mist over the factory intercooler, installed a custom oil catch can, and installed custom bonnet vents, which can be seen in one of the photos. Other specs were as follows:
050" thou overbore cylinders with Cosworth pistons
Fully balanced bottom end
Recalibrated ECU to 15PSI boost (not sure what was done)
Full 3 inch mandrel bent exhaust system with a 4 inch 'hot dog' resonator and a 5inch tip!
Cold air induction system with Ram Pod
Commodore VL turbo fuel pump
Malpesi rising rate fuel pressure regulator
Front suspension- Extra heavy duty lowered EA Ford Falcon springs (((Lovells cut to desired ride height)
Rear suspension- Commodore VL turbo wagon rear springs (Lovells)
Koni adjustable shocks all round
Whiteline custom 27mm solid front sway bar. Nolathane bushes.
Custom K-mac 16mm solid rear sway bar. Nolathane bushes.
Interior- Japanese spec analogue dash cluster
Momo Cavalano III steering wheel
In cabin adjustable boost dial
VDO boost gauge
Momo gear knob on a shortened lever
120w Sony speakers with crossover tweeters

The front seat rail was modified to enable my 6'5" frame to fit nicely. For this to happen the height adjustable mechanism was removed, and the mounting brackets under the seat were lopped off and repositioned to increase leg room. The conversion was really easy, but the effect was amazing. I now had massive leg and head room, but because my bum was only centimetres off the floor I swear it was like driving in a go kart, not to mention the advantage of a lower centre of gravity.

Car was originally registered in Vic. I then registered it ACT, and finally in NSW.

Anyway I hope the car is still worthy of inclusion on this illustrious forum:

Last edited by Piazza_man on Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:47 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Piazzish

Post by Piazzish »

holy f^*¨ That Piazza is like Amaaaaazing!!! Def one of the coolest I have seen(If not the coolest)! I have never seen this one before.. Thumbs up!!!
1989 Isuzu Piazza JR120 Lotus Turbo Red 92000km
1989 Isuzu Piazza JR120 Lotus Turbo White 183000km
1987 Isuzu Piazza JR120 Pre-Lotus Turbo Red 131000km
1984 Isuzu Piazza JR130 N/A Two-tone 145000km
1984 Isuzu Piazza JR130 N/A Black 92000km
1989 Isuzu Gemini JT190 Red 173000km
Piazza_man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Piazza_man »

Thanks Piazzish. Paint was still original, except for the bonnet. That would have been original too if my stupid friend/mechanic didn't let it fall over whilst it was resting against a wall. Needless to say he's no longer my friend (along with some other stuff-ups). Live and you learn eh.