new (sort of) girl to the club...my 2nd PIAZZA...UPDATE SOLD

Showcase your rides here. Read "Picture Help" to find out how to host your pic's
Piazza_man
Site Admin
Site Admin

new (sort of) girl to the club...my 2nd PIAZZA...UPDATE SOLD

Post by Piazza_man »

So here she is in all her glory. These pics are the ones the the previous owner supplied me via PM, and is the result of 7 years of not moving. I still have to arrange to pick her up.

As a donor car it has everything I need: manual transmission, LSD (of course), working digital dash, Formula spoiler kit, and engine parts. Even though the motor isn't running at the moment I plan on putting in a new set of plugs, leads, injector cleaner, fresh fuel, fuel filter, and maybe an oil change and see how she goes. Doesn't really matter anyway.

Can't believe I bought another Piazza that was the same colour as my first Piazza. How's that for coincidence:
Last edited by Piazza_man on Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:43 am, edited 4 times in total.
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

When you have finished doing your conversion all you will need is a set of decent twin headlights and correct grille to make it look like the isuzu it is.
So many cars, so little cash
Piazza_man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Piazza_man »

Would you have a set of twin lights and grill old m8?
vinnie55

Post by vinnie55 »

Dude it really dosn't look too bad....or are the photos making it look better????

But really....the drivers seat for instance is in better condition than mine.
the interrior dosn't look too bad except some dickhead seems to have cut an extra speaker hole in the door card???? wtf? what was wrong with the stock one???

Really if you can actually get her going..... and maybe invest in an engine rebuild....get her mechanically sound.
DIY respray. Clean the interrior with a bit of wool mix on the seats and carpets, and armourall the dash. bob's you uncle.
holden

Post by holden »

eyecon wrote:Would you have a set of twin lights and grill old m8?
I have a grill for you :) pm me.
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

Would you have a set of twin lights and grill old m8?
If you want a standard grille I have a few of those and they can be used with the twin headlight set up, however, as the twins sit further back you have a bit of a gap to fill between the front of the lamp galsses and the bumper, but that is easily done. I have templates for that somewhere. I do have a complete set of lamps, and the correct matching grille but posting the grille is a nightmare as it is longer than the post office will accept. It could be sent but would cost a lot of money as it would need to be official airfreight, unless you know someone travelling across the ditch that can take it as part of theri luggage. I took one to the UK once no problem.
The advbantage of the twins is that you can use standard Hella sealed beams or semi sealed with the bulbs of your choiice, even HID if that way inclined and they look better as well.

If you wantd to investigate costs a complete grille with twin lamps set up including mounting frames and sealed beams would weigh in at around 14KG when packed. It needs a carton 1500 long x 250 x 250 to pack it safely.
So many cars, so little cash
Piazza_man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Piazza_man »

If you wantd to investigate costs a complete grille with twin lamps set up including mounting frames and sealed beams would weigh in at around 14KG when packed. It needs a carton 1500 long x 250 x 250 to pack it safely.
Yeah I'll look into that. I know it cost me about $100 to ship my angel eye headlights to Korea (warranty issue) for a box of two lights for another car that I currently own. I don't mind paying that sort of money one way if I have to.

But at the moment its like the horse before the cart scenario, because I don't have a proper car to start off with. So if you don't mind Id like to pick them up at a later date. Oh and another thing I will be chasing a rear garnish that doesn't say Holden. Impulse or Isuzu would be perfect. That way I'll get everything at once.
holden

Post by holden »

$40 bucks for the grille posted to you.
Piazza_man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Piazza_man »

Hi holden,
Does the grill have the Holden badge or Isuzu badge or logo, because I'm chasing something that has the Isuzu writing or logo
holden

Post by holden »

Hey eyecon,
neither, it did have a Holden logo on it though.
Piazza_man
Site Admin
Site Admin

UPDATE

Post by Piazza_man »

Update this one. Car is going to a new home in WA. Well done archangel62. I was forced to on sell it because of a change in circumstance that meant I physically had no room to store the car. But I will be taking the dash/cluster and mud flaps. Tomorrow I will be towing the car about half way between ACT and Adelaide, where archangel will rendevoux and take it back from there. Big effort requiring military precision :) :drinkers: :drinkers:
IZU069
Power Moderator
Power Moderator

Post by IZU069 »

Ok gang - we'll set up sentries at the usual spots - Hay, Milly, MaxMax Rock & Vernon Straight...

Just hit & toe...

Anon.
IZU069 - ISUZU means a lot to me.
Piazza_man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Piazza_man »

LOL. The transfer went off without a hitch today. Picked up the car from Wagga Wagga on a car trailer and towed it to Balranald for the transfer. Big thanks to archangel62 and vinnie55 for all their help. Those guys rock :supz:

We had some lunch across the road at the local Balranald Soldiers club. All you can eat lunch and dinner buffets for $10. Damn cheap at twice the price. You should have seen my plate filled like a big mound. Archangel and vinnie could vouch for that. The club can consider themselves lucky I don't live there, because it would have gone of business. Got home about 10:00pm tonight. Not sure when the boys got back to Adelaide. For me it was a 7hour trip each way, which made for a very long day. Going to bed now :rolleyes:
vinnie55

Post by vinnie55 »

I certainly can verify that. also the beer was reasonably priced.

Story was similar for us. left around 5.30am. reached baranald by 12.40 (tho it's hard to tell because it was both end of daylight savings and a timezone change)
and got back at about 10pm Adelaide time? oh who knows.

Very happy.

This piazza will likely end up as a track car, but the condition is better than I anticipated, I suspect the interrior just needs a good clean and the exterior dosn't have that much rust, 1 small dent and only really needs a lick of paint.
The engine turns over which is a good sign, we'll see how we go getting it to run.

Cheers to eyecon for a good swap over.
Piazza_man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Piazza_man »

Yeah that beer did feel good at the half way point. Damn good :)