-89 Piazza Turbo HBL - Kaizen Racing Project 2

Showcase your rides here. Read "Picture Help" to find out how to host your pic's
Piazza_man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: -89 Piazza Turbo HBL - Kaizen Racing Project 2

Post by Piazza_man »

I take it your car is not stored in your garage over the winter period?
Nismo

Post by Nismo »

Piazza_man wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:41 pm I take it your car is not stored in your garage over the winter period?
Boy, am I slow to answer and write here... I used to spend hours every day at our biggest car forums here in Sweden... :yawinkle:
As you understand the car is stored in a garage during winter where I can't work on it as much as I would like to.

Anyway summer is almost over here in northern Europe and I have had a real nice season with the Piazza so far! :heart:
I will do a multi mega catch up post to keep this thread running! It's fun to have a place to collect everything done so far, even though I also have the blog format on my page kaizenracingproject.com as well.

But keep your eyes open for more! :cheers:

ISUZU PIAZZA TURBO -89 | HANDLING BY LOTUS
KAIZEN RACING PROJECT かいぜん
www.nismo.se | www.kaizenracingproject.com
Piazza_man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Piazza_man »

Looking forward to it.
Nismo

Post by Nismo »

Let's update a bit around my installation of the stereo and Playstation console in the trunk!

Since I'm a real Fast and the Furious nerd I thought it would be cool to have the same setup as the guy in the white Honda playing Gran Turismo before Brians first race.

A PS1 console was not hard to find – But what kind of screen was used in the movie?
After many attempts on Google, Youtube and visits to a lot of pages, I finally managed to find the actual model: Panasonic CY-VM1500EX, a 7″ LCD color screen which you can see shows in the movie as well.

Straight to Ebay – Jackpot! Found one with original box in Germany!

Connected everything to a 12V feed and started up. That startup sound from the PS1 console was a direct flashback to childhood, and all the hours spent in front of Gran Turismo. This is exciting!

During the relocation of the battery to the trunk and testing everything out, the trunk looked like total madness! But with battery moved and everything connected first test run was a succes. I power the Playstation console with a DC converter 12V to 220V normal house power outlet. I just have to be aware of the time spent running all the stuff on only battery power as it will drain it.

The box built to cover up the battery and house the stereo and console was made from mdf board and cut to fit side to side of the trunk.

Box was then covered in speaker fabric with pre-mounted glue for easier application. Really happy I choose the more expensive fabric with glue since this was very easy to apply and work with.

All the wiring was the made to a flip switch panel placed in the dashboard that controls the Pioneer stereo, japanese backup speaker and the underglow.
The led-strip installed in the speakers are controled by the remote that came along with it.

This concludes the Playstation and speaker installation – I’m super happy with it, and everywhere you go this draws a lot of attention!
Piazza_man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Piazza_man »

:tonqe: great work, I see you’ve been busy. Did you do the battery relocation work yourself?
Nismo

Post by Nismo »

Piazza_man wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:57 pm :tonqe: great work, I see you’ve been busy. Did you do the battery relocation work yourself?
Yes indeed, with a little help from a car electrician collegue! It was not as easy as "on Youtube" but still not so bad.
Planning on doing a big effort on a wire tuck, and cosmetic upgrade in the engine bay this winter though. You know, just make everything a littler shinier... :D