Latest addition.

Showcase your rides here. Read "Picture Help" to find out how to host your pic's
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Latest addition.

Post by Rodeobob »

Picked it up today.

A white Manual Piazza turbo, swapped for a good 4ZE1 motor and a Gemini 5 speed.

Its got a bit of bog-rust issue in the front LH guard.
A spot of rust in the LH rear quarter at the back corner of the side window.
Its a bit rusty along the bottom of the drivers door.
And the usual rust in the RH corner of the hatch under the window.

Yes Bugle its got no Battery Bracket. But it does have the factory hold down bracket for the spare wheel.

New sports tyres on the front and about 50% on the back.

Its all pretty straight except the LH guard.

From what i can see its all pretty stock, its even got the factory cassette and equalizer fitted still.

Pics to follow possibly tomorrow when i get home.

Bob.
Too many Piazzas to little money.

Currently unemployed. Watch this space.
GeminiCoupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

Pics now farkin! Knowing you that 4ZE1 wouldve cost you S.F.A, you need to tell me where you find some of your stuff.

This one being saved or scraped? Shell sounds pretty bad, the black one round the back is probably in better shape. If your saving it and dont want to steal bits off one of your own cars i know where you can find the doors, hatch and quarters. Your better at ball breaking then i am so you should pick them up for a good price.

You didnt mention anything about the engine? Hurry up and get the black manual going.

Nick-
project - 76 Gemini Coupe G200z EFI Turbo
daily - 02 S15 Nissan 200SX GTspecS Turbo
wet-weather fun toy - TX 75 Gemini Sedan G200z
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

Im not tellin how much. I can say add $155.78 worth of fuel to the maths. 16.5L per 100km. Poor old 4ZB1 i doubt that volumetricly it could suck any more fuel per hour at full load. lol. Just proves 65Kw is all you need. Id say i averaged a good 80kmh on the open road. High of 110 and lows of second gear up hills. lol. I can say the Piazza is lighter that a Jackaroo by freakin heaps. lol.

I got the motor off eBay out of a ute that got a Commy V6 conversion. He just had the head done up and the gasket went and hed had enough. I dont have the heart to tell the guy i got it from that some one stuffed up the head bolt tensions. The exhaust side were tight as and the inlets were that loose i could have undone them with a 1/4" ratchet. Its funny coz it blew out the fire ring the back cyl on the exhaust side and was pushing water out the side of the block, not suckin it in the cyl.

It was just on dark when i got home, i will grab some snaps tomorrow.

Nah its in better cond than the black auto. I will admit that im yet to check underneath for rust where bugle had his. Id say its done some country miles and been near the sea. Theres paint missing off the diff and rear suspension and theres surface rust.
The external rust isnt bad, id highly doubt it would fail a RWC because of it.

If i get time tomorrow i will do a comp test. If it fails badly i will rip the turbo etc off it and fit that to the black auto and get that running, put that motor in it possibly, depends on the condition of it underneath.
Could be a good one for a big motor conversion.

I had a bit of a read on a Rover SD1 V8 test in an old wheels magazine. I might have to hunt one up. Supercharged 3.5L alloy V8 would be good motorvation.

Bob.

Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

Heres the pics as promised. The cook took em for me, i ran out of time before i went to work.

Havent even had time to get it off the trailer yet. Before i get it off i will climb under and have a good look at its under innards. You cant really make out the rust in the bottom of the drivers door.

See the rust in the hatch. Standard Piazza. Its got a towbar yay.

See the rust at the rear corner of the back window. See my Zucchini plant, its gone nuts. Im so proud, i planted it and the cook looks after it. lol. Got to get $40 worth of little green suckers off it, all the other plants died. lol. I got about ten tomatoes and one cucumber then they carked it. lol. The Capsicum is still growing but not much on it. The lettuces all went straight to seed. Im thinking horse poo might be the go.

You can see the rust in the front corner of the mudguard on the LHS. Its had a bog job, im expecting a bit more damage in behind it possibly. Been in a bingle of some sort id say. I took the lens off the indicator because it was full of water.

So thats my new baby, i thought it was too good to leave up the bush. Its the straightest Piazza ive got so far. Its also got the two extra rust spots, but hey its turning 20 this year just like the rest of them.

Cheers. Bob.

Madcat

Post by Madcat »

Nice pics Bob. Deffinately a straight example. Whats the interior, and engine bay look like?

Madcat :cat:
I have opposable thumbs I WILL prevail

88 Trooper, soon to be turbo. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2941780

89 Impulse Turbo. 3.5L 6VE-1 swap in progress. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2941760
GeminiCoupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

I dont know about that man...the black manual is straighter then that besides the rear quarter dent. Hurry up and get it going.

Overall doesnt look too bad. You even started it yet or what? Atleast i know where you can find panels if you need them. Let me know :yawinkle:

Nick-
project - 76 Gemini Coupe G200z EFI Turbo
daily - 02 S15 Nissan 200SX GTspecS Turbo
wet-weather fun toy - TX 75 Gemini Sedan G200z
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

What the wheel hold down bracket is rare? Amazing mine still has it! Although it was missing the jack.

Yer swap a front guard onto it off one of your other Piazzas and get it going. Is that rust under the tail light too?
piazza-crx
APC Member
APC Member

Post by piazza-crx »

I had 2 piazza jacks at one point. Funny story how one went missing though. I was actually on a night out in town. Mates got pissed, i was the D.D. that night. Had too many ppl to fit in my car so a couple of boys took the boot. My jack was sitting free in the boot coz i had changed the brakes a few days beforehand. Anyways pissed as they were the jack wouldnt have been comfortable to lie on so they simple tossed it out :D and being drunk they dont remember where :D now i only have one otherwise i would have sent one your way bugle :D
If Gemini's were ever meant to go fast, they would have come out of the factory with 4zc1t engines!!

Business CD Solutions
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

lol that's ok I found one on ebay a while back. Same as any other jack just has the diagram showing where the jack points are on a Piazza
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

Madcat wrote:Nice pics Bob. Deffinately a straight example. Whats the interior, and engine bay look like?

Madcat :cat:
Its all original. The interior is tan as are all white cars over here im led to believe. Theres a tear in the drivers seat on the door side bolster on the back rest. All the satelite switches are there and unbroken which is good.

Its still on the trailer from when i picked it up. I had to move it off the front lawn to mow the grass today so i crawled under it. it all looks pretty good and its go Gabriel shocks on the rear all be it looking a bit old. The only rust i could find was under the front rail wher it meets the floor, just surface rust on the lower face around the overlap in the sections. I will get a pic if i can.

I spent all day today Putting a running motor and 5 speed in my brothers gemini so i can sell it and clear it off out of my yard. I put the Piazzas battery on charge, next chance i get it will do a compression test and make some decisions. Most likey will be putting the motor out of the Black auto Piazza in this one.

Cheers. Bob.

piazza-crx
APC Member
APC Member

Post by piazza-crx »

Bugle wrote:lol that's ok I found one on ebay a while back. Same as any other jack just has the diagram showing where the jack points are on a Piazza
Wasnt sold in SA was it??
If Gemini's were ever meant to go fast, they would have come out of the factory with 4zc1t engines!!

Business CD Solutions
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

lol nah couldn't have been yours got it off a guy in Sydney :)