The second coming.

Showcase your rides here. Read "Picture Help" to find out how to host your pic's
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

umm dunno listen to mine isit similar?
http://www.starlyon.com/bugle/piazza/piazza.avi

Yeah the pressure sender has a green wire coming off it? There's a green wire in that loom but it connects to the aircon clutch it seems. I just assumed they didn't bother including it in the XE loom because they all came with digital dash's that don't have an oil pressure gauge.
I got this pic of mine before I took it apart, the longer yellow wire goes off to the oil pressure switch, short one connects to the water temp sensor in the top side of the inlet manifold near the thermostat housing, green one connects to aircon compressor. Is the little white plug the one you were talking about before? Mine wasn't connected to anything and has that green tape wrapped around the wire to hold it like the plug for the extra auto idle air valve so I guess it's not supposed to be attached to anything.
http://www.starlyon.com/bugle/piazza/ot ... wiring.jpg

Only sensors on the lower part of the inlet manifold are all the temperature sensors above and below the thermostat housing section.
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

GeminiCoupe wrote:Valve clearances were set by the engineering company that machined the head for me, as far as i can tell its pretty spot on as the valves are silent at idle. -
Still sounds dodgy as.

Thats stuff you set once the whole lot is bolted down together. Things bend and flex. If youve got a tight valve the motor will run like shit and fuck up in no time. If youve got loose ones it will rattle.
Grab some feeler guages, in sure the info on how too is in the workshop section.

Do that and get your hands on a timing light.

Bob.
Too many Piazzas to little money.

Currently unemployed. Watch this space.
GeminiCoupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

Where the hell have you been? Was begining to think you died of Piazza Syndrome.

Dont want to touch the valve clearances until ive eliminated everything else. As it stands [apart from being loud] it all sounds healthy. No knocking from anywhere etc.

Got my hands on a timing gun, now i need to get my hands on some time. Started working @ the Hospital and ive been flat fucking out these few days.

Nick-
project - 76 Gemini Coupe G200z EFI Turbo
daily - 02 S15 Nissan 200SX GTspecS Turbo
wet-weather fun toy - TX 75 Gemini Sedan G200z
piazza-crx
APC Member
APC Member

Post by piazza-crx »

GeminiCoupe wrote:...@ the Hosptial and Ive been flat fucking out these few days...

Nick-
All those hot nurses at the hospital.... :rolleyes: :supz:
If Gemini's were ever meant to go fast, they would have come out of the factory with 4zc1t engines!!

Business CD Solutions
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

GeminiCoupe wrote:Where the hell have you been? Was begining to think you died of Piazza Syndrome..............Started working @ the Hospital and ive been flat fucking out these few days.-
Similar thing, well sort of. Been in and out of hospital with the worst bout of supposed gastro youve seen. Was puking all colours of the rainbow and they dont make a drug that could make me stop pukingup. On the mend now i think.
GeminiCoupe wrote:Dont want to touch the valve clearances until ive eliminated everything else.-

Why not??? You cant set valve clearances on a bench. Chances are you wont fix any rattles but they will be set right and you will know it 100% instead of not knowing and putting a simple procedure off for a reason only you know.

GeminiCoupe wrote:As it stands [apart from being loud] it all sounds healthy. No knocking from anywhere etc.

Got my hands on a timing gun, now i need to get my hands on some time.

Nick-
Timing gun..............takes not much more than a minuite.

Bob.
Too many Piazzas to little money.

Currently unemployed. Watch this space.