Piazza Search. 2006 Courier Mail, QLD article

Like to kill some time?
Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Piazza Search. 2006 Courier Mail, QLD article

Post by Chris »

During my regular searches I stumbelt over this.

HOLDEN PIAZZA DREAMING

Nick Bray
November 04, 2006 12:00am

In Search of the Holden Piazza, Chris Warr and Joe Kremzer, Allen and Unwin, $24.95

IN ANY conversation between a pair of inebriated blokes, inevitably a "big adventure" will be dreamt up. It could be a fishing trip to the far north, or a surfing safari in Indonesia.

For Chris Warr and Joe Kremzer, it's a mission to find out whatever happened to the Holden Piazza, one of the more dismal chapters in Australia's motoring history.

Released in 1986, the Piazza found only 300 buyers over two years, partly because it was enormously expensive and also because it was a dud.

"Holden Piazza: the answer to the question nobody asked," wrote one critic.

"Exhilerating in the hands of an experienced driver . . . dangerous in the hands of others," wrote another.

But for a brief moment, the Piazza acquired some cachet by being offered as a prize on Sale of the Century, then in its heyday.

It was that brief moment that inspired Warr and Cremzer, both of whom were easily impressed eight-year-olds at the time. When Alyce Platt stroked the wedge-shaped car, she set in motion a series of unfortunate events.

Meeting as adults while public servants in Tasmania and discovering their shared passion for the Piazza must have seemed like a beautiful miracle to Warr and Cremzer.

That they turned their drunken ambition to travel Australia "searching for Piazzas in a Piazza" into reality and managed to convince a major publisher to print a book about it is also a miracle of sorts.

It almost works. Some of the Piazza owners are real characters, but in between dates with fellow Piazza owners, the action lags somewhat.

And Warr's descriptions of a hideous infection that gradually spreads across his feet is definitely far too much information.

Taken from: http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/stor ... 24,00.html
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

2009 | 1986 White Piazza 2.2L, Man, STi Turbo (SOLD)
2006 | 1986 Black Piazza Turbo Manual (SOLD)
2005 | 1986 White Piazza Turbo Auto (Pain in the ass)
2004 | 1986 White Piazza Manual Stock
2004 | 1986 Red Piazza Manual TO3, Haltech
2001 | 1986 Silver Piazza Manual Turbo
Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Post by Chris »

That they turned their drunken ambition to travel Australia "searching for Piazzas in a Piazza" into reality and managed to convince a major publisher to print a book about it is also a miracle of sorts.
Some of the Piazza owners are real characters, but in between dates with fellow Piazza owners, the action lags somewhat.
:goodman:
rofl

The last one (real characters) must of directed to Alex.. :finga:
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

2009 | 1986 White Piazza 2.2L, Man, STi Turbo (SOLD)
2006 | 1986 Black Piazza Turbo Manual (SOLD)
2005 | 1986 White Piazza Turbo Auto (Pain in the ass)
2004 | 1986 White Piazza Manual Stock
2004 | 1986 Red Piazza Manual TO3, Haltech
2001 | 1986 Silver Piazza Manual Turbo
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

I'll get my own back on you one day Fritz :axe:
So many cars, so little cash
graham

Post by graham »

hes a charactor alright, thats the best description i think, just thought id level a bit more abuse before i disapear north ha ha ha :butthead:
I have two piazzas, one on each side of the world.