Workshop information needed

Submit all your know how here. All workshop submissions must be reviewed and may be edited by a Moderator or Admin. Please speak to any of the forum staff first before submitting.
Ralph
Probationary
Probationary

Workshop information needed

Post by Ralph »

I'm looking for a workshop manual or down load manual for the 1984 Piazza.

In the process of assembling a DOHC motor to replace a SOHC dead motor in a 1984 Piazza. I need timing information for the DOHC and torque settings. Electric loom schematics would be helpful too as they are different for the two models.

Can anybody help?

Ralph
Ralph Penno
r.penno@clear.net.nz
IZU069
Power Moderator
Power Moderator

Post by IZU069 »

We western islanders generally only have the forums pdf but that's for the (IMO inferior) 4zc1-t.

Poida had a Japanese G200W manual which should provide enough info, but that was on his twincam site which is still down. (He moved to x10hosting and is at war with its yank hosts. Not all yanks are as nice or clever as those on here.)

Your local islanders may have better info though. And they should be able to provide your required info.
I presume it's a Piazza DOHC? With ECU? With optical distributor (ITEC ECU)?
IZU069 - ISUZU means a lot to me.
Ralph
Probationary
Probationary

Post by Ralph »

Yes it is a Piazza. 1984. I just love driving the little beast but it's becoming next to impossible to find parts or info. She had only just done 200 thou. but has popped a valve head on me I think. One of the original SOHC partially computer managed models they imported new to NZ in 83/84. I had been driving a much more used DOHC model that had become virtually worn out but have newer DOHC motor in good nick that I thought I could swap with the broken one. Have to assemble it first as the head is off, hence the need for timing info. Fortunately I have the complete management loom and computer from the DOHC model but wanted to check what hooks to what or not with the other model.

Thanks for your help.

Ralph
Ralph Penno
r.penno@clear.net.nz
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

Hi Ralph

First up I'm not much help as don't have any DOHC bits or tech info but valve timing is easy enough as markings are clear on the cam wheels etc. and ignition timing shouldn't be hard to get right with a vacuum gauge. As for what connects to where is a harder question that I probably can't help with. I can help with wiring info on the g200z and I have parts coming out of my ears. So many I threw heaps away as no room to store them and gave some to other people.
I have a few of the beasts (check out the picture at the top of the page) all mine. Mixture of turbo and NA. from 83 through 86 The grey one far left is 1984 g200z and it has just clicked up 327000km's on original engine although I have given it a valve grind recently. Bores were still good looking as well.
So many cars, so little cash
Ralph
Probationary
Probationary

Post by Ralph »

Yeah those motors seem to last forever. That's why I was disappointed that mine popped a valve at 200,000. I'll get going on putting all this together and maybe get back to you if I get stuck. Don't hold your breath as that will take a few weeks mixed in with the other things I have to do.

Cheers,

Ralph
Ralph Penno
r.penno@clear.net.nz
IZU069
Power Moderator
Power Moderator

Post by IZU069 »

Ralph wrote:Yeah those motors seem to last forever.
Ha - visit Ozgem!!
But I agree - a very strong motor. (Unless you rebuild them and spend heap of buck$.)
Ralph
Probationary
Probationary

Post by Ralph »

Don't want to re-build. Don't have to. Just want the info from a workshop manual to get one back together and going.
Ralph Penno
r.penno@clear.net.nz
IZU069
Power Moderator
Power Moderator

Post by IZU069 »

Type in torque settings you already have (or from SOHC or G-Z etc) and I'll edit them (from a Jap pdf).

I'll see what I can do for timing....
(Unless you mean data like cams or setting - like 10 deg @ 900 RPM.)