Piazza JT191 at Pick A Part Campbellfield (Melbourne)

Please share wreckers around Australia and NZ that you know have Piazzas or parts in stock
IZU069
Power Moderator
Power Moderator

Piazza JT191 at Pick A Part Campbellfield (Melbourne)

Post by IZU069 »

So I rock up expecting to get an LSD for my Florian and maybe a manual gearbox. I figured PAP-C's "Isuzu Pizzara (sic) 1990 black Coupe might be RodeoBob's black '86 manual 4ZC1-t.

Alas, it really is a 1990 Piazza - a Nero JT191 FWD DOHC manual (140HP?). Probably imported in 1997 or later (a pseudo "Owners Manual" March 1997 edition).

There is no clutch cable, and only one wheel remains, but otherwise it seemed all there.
IZU069 - ISUZU means a lot to me.
Piazza_man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Piazza_man »

Any pics? Are you going to buy? What about the interior?
IZU069
Power Moderator
Power Moderator

Post by IZU069 »

No pics, cameras not allowed. (And I didn't have mine anyhow.)

I'm not going to buy. No money, and I wasn't that impressed anyhow. I even thought the roof was too low even for me, but the front seal (with no lumbar adjustment) might have been up.

The rear has been messed with - the dd cover here and there - but I think both seats were there, definitely the rear upright.
Piazza_man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Piazza_man »

I was just wondering if those seats were recaro's and what condition they were in.
IZU069
Power Moderator
Power Moderator

Post by IZU069 »

Sorry, I didn't have that good a look at condition, but I didn't notice anything bad - other than the lack of lumbar adjustment.

I should have checked if they were Recaros (which is typical for the Isuzu specials line the ZZR Geminis, and I think even the GT-R Belletts) because I too have been keen on a set.
I can't say it felt like a Recaro in that their "unusual firmness" didn't strike me, though I may not have sat in it properly. (Unfortunately just as I was getting in to do my evaluation, I was disturbed by another "quality" customer... "Man, what a waste" he exclaimed, and then we were off"!)

I'll see if I can get back for a look, and pics if I fail to recall that they are not allowed. But I just confirmed that my new Wasp clutch works (Piazza master and another slave) so I only have misc reasons for going, and being low on fuel and $bucks...
Hang-on - that Nero saved me >$150 by NOT having RWD gearbox and LSD...
IZU069
Power Moderator
Power Moderator

Post by IZU069 »

Well what a coincidence! I was at PAP-C today getting a spare electric window & micro-relay&fuse box for my Wasp and I just happened to procure some photos. I didn't bother asking how the person obtained them, but I felt that breaking PAP's rules wasn't too bad since the Nero will probably soon go to scrap (they usually keep them for a max of 3 months only).
And I can't say I know exactly when the pics were taken, but I could see no difference between the pics and the Nero today (Friday 15Feb13).
Needless to say, much has gone - it was virtually intact when I originally saw it.

For size reasons, I have reduced the pics to 20% of their original size, & 60% "jpeg quality" (hence the -s20q60 suffix).

Piazza_man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Piazza_man »

Yeah you're right. Nothing left to take. Maybe the motor.
IZU069
Power Moderator
Power Moderator

Post by IZU069 »

And guess what is on special this week until Friday inclusive - all engines 50% off.