Wtb: JR 120 stub axle's and callipers, Townsville Qld.

After a Piazza or just some parts. Here's the place to go.
SpyShank
Probationary
Probationary

Post by SpyShank »

HEY WAIT A SECOND!!!! the gemispares kits used volvo callipers! twin piston sliding types. fark I thought there was somthing I'd forgetten.
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

Well that'd be a better caliper to use then. Wonder how easy they are to find.
Do they just use a Piazza disc? All you would need to buy then for the conversion would be the Piazza disc and you can buy them new.
SpyShank
Probationary
Probationary

Post by SpyShank »

yeah if my memory serves me, the kits were just piazza disks, gemini wheel bearings and volvo callipers, now I just gotta find out which damn volvo their from. prolly the square ones that cut you off in traffic every damn day lol. thanks guys, if were all lucky I won't be needing your stubs after all :yawinkle:
SpyShank
Probationary
Probationary

Post by SpyShank »

oh and I'll be sure to let the guys on ozgem know unless one of you guys beats me to it
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

Sounds good if there's extra demand for discs DBA will keep making them hopefully.
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

Bugle wrote:Sounds good if there's extra demand for discs DBA will keep making them hopefully.
Id say they are just the Rodeo ones drilled differently. Id also say that the calipers are the same part of close to it. Id have to check, i havent as yet because i was planning ot do so when i did the front end in my Piazza.
I havent even compared the sizes in the manuals yet.

The Volvo calipers you would be looking for would be the 240 or 260 series i would imagine.

So are you saying the Piazza disc will bolt up to the Gemini hub????

Bob.
Too many Piazzas to little money.

Currently unemployed. Watch this space.
SpyShank
Probationary
Probationary

Post by SpyShank »

apparently they will according to an article I read back when I was like 17.
could be wrong though. anyone got any old bits and pieces (gemini stub, hub, old gem wheel bearing and a spare piazza disk) lying around wanna have a quick fiddle just to see how they go together?
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

SpyShank wrote:apparently they will if you use gemini wheel bearings according to an article I read back when I was like 17.
could be wrong though. anyone got any old bits and pieces (gemini stub, old gem wheel bearing and a spare piazza disk) lying around wanna have a quick fiddle just to see how they go together? I know the stubs are larger on the piazza but maybe they use thinner rollers in the bearings than the gemini which would explain the disks being able to fit the gem stubs.
Hang on, the discs dont just go on the stub axles. They bolt to the rear of the hubs. You will still need Piazza hubs to put the discs on unless the Piazza discs will bolt up to the back of the Gemini hub.

Bob.

Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

Yeah the Gemini hub looks exactly the same as a Piazza one.. The disc attaches the same way.
Since my Piazza is apart I can get you the PCD of teh bolts I assume that's 4x100, and the offset of the disc mounting face to the wheel mounting face and whatever other measurements you might need.
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

Gemini

Piazza
SpyShank
Probationary
Probationary

Post by SpyShank »

Rodeobob wrote:
SpyShank wrote:apparently they will if you use gemini wheel bearings according to an article I read back when I was like 17.
could be wrong though. anyone got any old bits and pieces (gemini stub, old gem wheel bearing and a spare piazza disk) lying around wanna have a quick fiddle just to see how they go together? I know the stubs are larger on the piazza but maybe they use thinner rollers in the bearings than the gemini which would explain the disks being able to fit the gem stubs.
Hang on, the discs dont just go on the stub axles. They bolt to the rear of the hubs. You will still need Piazza hubs to put the discs on unless the Piazza discs will bolt up to the back of the Gemini hub.

Bob.
lol damn I realised that and edited it but you must of been in the process os writing up that post when I realised it.
Bugle wrote:Gemini

Piazza
yeah they do look the same don't they.
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

Yeah but the KB Rodeo and the TF Rodeo look the same too but the TF uses bigger bolts.

Bob