Ebay Piazza

Post by Madcat »

Located in Llandudno, United Kingdom

Listing dosen't state the year.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Isuzu-Piazza-2-0-LT ... dZViewItem

Jim
I have opposable thumbs I WILL prevail

88 Trooper, soon to be turbo. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2941780

89 Impulse Turbo. 3.5L 6VE-1 swap in progress. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2941760
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

Judging by the late model rear lights, no rear garnish and two leg spoiler and the fact it is an HBL it would have to be a very late 87 or early 88. Unlikely to be much later as I think the company selling them had folded by then.
So many cars, so little cash
Madcat

Post by Madcat »

wedgenut wrote:Judging by the late model rear lights, no rear garnish and two leg spoiler and the fact it is an HBL it would have to be a very late 87 or early 88. Unlikely to be much later as I think the company selling them had folded by then.
My knowledge of Piazzas/Impulses is minimal at best compared to yours Wedgenut :prayer: . I would have to agree that its an '88, due to the Lotus badging and non color coded bumper and side mirrors. But I thought that the turbo models had a 3 post rear spoiler. :rolleyes:

BTW whats HBL????????

Jim

89 Impulse Turbo. 3.5L 6VE-1 swap in progress. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2941760
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

My knowledge of Piazzas/Impulses is minimal at best compared to yours Wedgenut prayer . I would have to agree that its an '88, due to the Lotus badging and non color coded bumper and side mirrors. But I thought that the turbo models had a 3 post rear spoiler. Rolling eyes

BTW whats HBL????????

Two leg came first on turbos then the three leg. Depends on the market to some extent and of course Isuzu's unfailing ability to confuse. Some times I think they fitted whatever they had to hand at the time. I initially thought that only the later models had the raised spoiler as opposed to the close fitting urethane one. Until I got my Nero Irmscher from forum member 117coupe. He bought it while in Japan, it is a 1985 model, no question, it has no rear inset garnish and two leg spoiler and colour coded mirrors and bumpers, yet I have later model turbo and non turbo cars that have the urethane job and the inset rear garnish! Go figure. I also dismantled a 1987 Irmscher that had the urethane spoiler but no inset garnish nor colour coding.

HBL is "Handling by Lotus"

There are probably more opinions on versions than versions themselves but Paul (117coupe) probably knows as much as anyone about them and certainly more than me. Revhead has a lot of savvy as well and has actually got in his possession a very late model Bonnet with no eyelids and the matching slitty little lights and his Irmscher has the late model rear lights as well and three leg spoiler. He also told me something I didn't know and that is that the later model ones, while looking identical have a different shape rear quarter glass!

I am more convinced than ever before that when it came to assembly they would rummage around in the parts bin until they found something that fitted and stuck it on, or not as the case may be. They haven't changed their spots in later years either as on the road I see 4wd's from Isuzu and you can get Bighorn, Bighorn Lotus, Bighorn Irmscher. Bighorn Lotus Irmsher. There are only a couple of things they all have in common around where I live.

Usually driven by twats that don't know where the indicator stalk is, if female they are Blonde and if male they are usually bald and almost always have a cell phone glued to one side of their face. If there is any mud on them at all it is usually because I have thrown it at them for not indicating when they muscle their way into my lane, MY EFFING LANE YOU OVERSIZED FAT ARSED HOMO............................See you have got me started now, I'll have to go and find one and abuse the driver to relieve the tension. I obviously need help but can't afford therapy as I spend all my money on Piazzas. If I got rid of them I could be rich and sane, then i could go and buy a bighorn lotus irmscher with intercooled diesel engine and more badges than a south american president to annoy other people with.

To anyone that owns and drives one of these I apologise if none of the above apply to you. Especially if you are a South American president with a passion for assassination.
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

The 2 leg spoiler is just an Irmscher thing in Japan isnt it?

Yeah I was reading some Jap guys website on his Piazza and he mentioned that the B-pillar was thicker on 88/89 models..
Is the only difference in the glass the holes where the hinges attach being further from the edge? The door frame doesn't look any different..
Beefed up the C pillar too in the corner maybe too that's why it's blacked out?

wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

As far as I understand it the glass is a slightly different size or shape, either way it don't fit. The two leg spoiler also appeared on the UK release HBL cars as well, but not all of them. I go back to what I said before, little Japos running about looking under benches for whatever they can find or scrounge up to finish of the next one off the line. LOL

I bet you five bob against an average size lump of goat shit that there is a Piazza out there somewhere with a three speed column change from a 1956 Hillman minx coz they ran out of gear knobs one Friday afternoon and they were desperate to get home to watch the Sumo on telly.

YOU THINK I'M JOKING?

It is exactly this sort of thing that gives the Piazza more character than any one of five million corollas that are all identical and never break down and its also why I love my little pointy nosed cars.
Madcat

Post by Madcat »

Bugle wrote: The door frame doesn't look any different..
Beefed up the C pillar too in the corner maybe too that's why it's blacked out?
I can vouch for the doors being the same as mine has an '86 door on the right side.

Can't see any diff on the C piller though.

Jim

117Coupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by 117Coupe »

JDM Piazza Irmscher/HBL History 101

1985/1986

Irmscher models introduced across Isuzu range, Gemini, Piazza, Aska and Bighorn in 1985 for the 1986 model year.
For the Piazza Irmscher this included the introducton of the 2 leg rear spoiler and deletion of the rear garnish.

Spoiler - Other models continued with the urethane rear spoiler (rust trap!) although the two leg spoiler could be dealer ordered.

Rear Garnish - Due to large inventory of unsold vehicles, many Piazzas sold in 1986 still had the rear garnish. Irmscher model being a new model never had the rear garnish.

1987/1988

Aug 1987 - 1988 model year introduced. Rear combination lamp changed, indicator lens moved to center of cluster. Other changes include water cooled turbo, B-pillar size increased which resulted in a change of the rear quarter glass size, and stronger hatch dampers (no more risk of nearly severed arms!).

Feb 1988 - Minor model change for Piazza Nero. Introduction of non-eyelid bonnet for all Piazza Nero models. 3 leg rear spoiler with integrated brake light on Piazza Nero Irmscher.

May 1988 - 1989 model year introduced. Handling by Lotus model debut, includes 3 leg rear spoiler. All other spoiler models now changed to 2 leg spoiler except Piazza Nero Irmscher and HBL models. Rear combination lamp changed, indicator moved back to the edge of the cluster.
'80 Isuzu 117 Coupe
'87 Isuzu Aska
'93 Subaru SVX
'98 Mazda Roadster
'97 Honda Legend
'99 Honda Logo
'01 Toyota Will VS
'01 VW Polo
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

SEE! I knew you would have all the answers, thanks Paul
Madcat

Post by Madcat »

Yep lots of good info.

Jim

Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

Either way, flux capacitor or not it went cheap as.

Bob.
Too many Piazzas to little money.

Currently unemployed. Watch this space.