Different Dashes?

General Bellett, Gemini 75-98, Piazza 81-93, Bellel, Florian, 117 Coupe, Minx, Aska technical discussion.
devilishdesigner

Different Dashes?

Post by devilishdesigner »

Hi guys, I currently have an 86 hden piazza 2l turbo manual with digital dash. I would like to change over to an analogue dash and a friend from the UK has offered me an analogue cluster from a lotus tuned automatic turbo. Will all the wiring plugs and speedo cable match up and work properly?
IZU069
Power Moderator
Power Moderator

Post by IZU069 »

No.
But conversion should be possible.
Try to get its plugs supplied with it.
IZU069 - ISUZU means a lot to me.
devilishdesigner

Any ideas on the differences? I was hoping same engine = same dash wiring
IZU069
Power Moderator
Power Moderator

Post by IZU069 »

A resistor is needed for the fuel gauge.
And a different connector I think, but certainly some different wiring.
I have an analog in my 86 4zc1-t Piazza.
I presume its from NZ (G200W or G200Z).
IZU069 - ISUZU means a lot to me.
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

a friend from the UK has offered me an analogue cluster from a lotus tuned automatic turbo.
You do realise the UK analogue dash will be in Miles and not km's? Wiring plugs for analogue are two round multi pin type. The resistor for the fuel gauge will be already attached to the back unless someone has removed it. You should be able to wire it up but you will need the manual to check the pin out comparison between the digi version and the analogue, just to make it a pain the colours may not be exactly the same either, Isuzu were a pain at using whatever damn colour they had left in the skip in later years but the ozzie cars should be correct to the ozzie YB manual and it has both pin out diagrams i'm sure.
So many cars, so little cash
devilishdesigner

Thanks for that. The cluster has miles and km on it, but I'm quite used to driving in miles, my daily driver was built in 67!
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

If you go to the wreckers and scour around you will be looking for a KB rode with a sports dash in it. The speedo head looks to be the same as the one in the Analogue Piazza dash and should swap over easy enough.

I think you will have lots of fun with the wiring.

Any info you will share will be greatly appreciated, i would be looking at doing the same thing later on down the track.

Cheers, Bob.
Too many Piazzas to little money.

Currently unemployed. Watch this space.
devilishdesigner

I'll do a comparison of the 2 units when mine arrives, but unless it's a simple swap I won't go to the analogue for a good few months, until I have the car up and running properly with the digital dash.