4ZC1-T Headers (extractors) available down under?

General Bellett, Gemini 75-98, Piazza 81-93, Bellel, Florian, 117 Coupe, Minx, Aska technical discussion.
impulsive

4ZC1-T Headers (extractors) available down under?

Post by impulsive »

Any of you lads down under know if anyone ever made headers that fit the 4ZC1-T motor?

I know Calmini in the States made headers for the 2.6, but...

Thanks - Bart
Piazza_man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 4ZC1-T Headers (extractors) available down under?

Post by Piazza_man »

impulsive wrote:Any of you lads down under know if anyone ever made headers that fit the 4ZC1-T motor?

I know Calmini in the States made headers for the 2.6, but...

Thanks - Bart
Hey there Bart,
I didn't realize you were looking for headers. Try this link through a Gemini forum to a company called thomas4parts.com. This is where I would go:

http://www.ozgemini.com/forums/non-tech ... hp?t=27672

Now if you went to the thomas4parts website directly you won't see any reference to the headers and other stuff they do. Pretty stupid really. Anyway I'm yet to contact these guys re benefits over standard, blah blah blah. I eas going to do that when i eventually get my car. I also think it's a reasonable price considering they are hand made.
impulsive

Post by impulsive »

Yeah, I was thinking about it but kinda got away from the idea in the long run....I'll check it out though.

Bart
archangel62

Post by archangel62 »

"gemracing" on OzGemini.com makes them, they're around $550 if memory serves, but mandrell-bent and of very good quality with big piping, highmount or lowmount available.

Also try ebay, I saw some on there for about $380 I think it was, a little while ago. All shiny and stuff. Not quite as good as Gemracing's, but not too far off, incomparably better than stock and pretty cost-effective.

Note that nearly all aftermarket headers will require a custom dump pipe and/or an aftermarket turbo. Both of the above are for T2 or T3/4 flange turbos I believe... But from what I've heard, if you shell the money to make the change (header, a T28, new dump pipe and possibly other piping, and possibly a tune/aftermarket ECU), you won't regret it... Like, substantially more power and equal/better response if you select the right turbo.
Indigo - '76 TX Gemini sedan, G180W+T project,
Abigail - '81 TE sedan, white, G180W ITB project,
New Hotness - TG Gemini drift car, orange, 4ZE1+T
Tardis - 1986 Piazza 4ZC1-T, black, forged, 136rwkw @13psi
Coupe - TX coupe grip car, "do it later", G180W+twin carbs
Trevor aka Jimmy's Gem - Grandpa-spec TD
BA Falcon - Tow car