No spark on Holden piazza please help

General Bellett, Gemini 75-98, Piazza 81-93, Bellel, Florian, 117 Coupe, Minx, Aska technical discussion.
Josha1992
Learner
Learner

No spark on Holden piazza please help

Post by Josha1992 »

Hi I have is a Holden piazza turbo motor and put it in Gemini everything hooked up it has a electric dizzy the two wire that come out of it (red and white) I hooked them to coil but still getting no spark at all please txt 0425421783 or email josh_a_1992@ hotmail.com thanks

And appended to this post by izu069 after deletion from Distributor cap and Rotor button cheaper alternative:
Josha1992 wrote:Hi just wondering I have a holden piazza 2lt turbo motor and I just wondering if there is any other distributors that fit in it out of some other car thanks please email josh_ a_1992@hotmail.com

Josh - it's better to start new threads than add on )hijack) other peoples threads or awaken old ones. {izu069}
IZU069
Power Moderator
Power Moderator

Post by IZU069 »

Do you have the ignitor with the distributor?

Are you using the Piazza's EFI (ECU)?

Are you using the Piazza's knock sensor?

Other Isuzu distributors can fit, but the set up (ECU) determines what will work.
IZU069 - ISUZU means a lot to me.
Josha1992
Learner
Learner

Post by Josha1992 »

It's not running the ecu it has a carbureted turbo set up there is power at coil when key on and power all the way to distrubutor checked with test light in thinking it might be the switch in the dizzy
IZU069
Power Moderator
Power Moderator

Post by IZU069 »

The dizzy is probably a reluctor type and may have an internal or external ignitor.

The "RG" dizzy is the reluctor guts of a FWD RB Gemini fitted to a T-series or G-Z engined (RWD) Gemini dizzy, viz:

The RG dizzy above can be modified to suit ANY Isuzu G-series engine (G-Z, G-S, G-U, G-W).

Note that the "RG" includes the ignitor on the lower right side.
But the ignitor can be mounted externally as with the Piazza 4ZC1-t and other 4Z engines prior to the 4ZD engine (which has its ignitor mounted internally like the RB dizzy).
With external ignitor, the G-series dizzy looks like:

The 4ZC1-t Piazza dizzy is similar except it is a mirror image because the 4Z dizzy rotates in the opposite direction to G-series engines.

Before I continue, is your dizzy similar to the above?
And does it have an ignitor, or some "box" in association with the pickup or sensor as show in the lower picture?
The sensor without its cover looks similar to:
IZU069 - ISUZU means a lot to me.