N/A Piazza workshop manual? & Fuel question.

General Bellett, Gemini 75-98, Piazza 81-93, Bellel, Florian, 117 Coupe, Minx, Aska technical discussion.
CRUMPN
Learner
Learner

N/A Piazza workshop manual? & Fuel question.

Post by CRUMPN »

Hello all.

I've finally found another Piazza worth buying, and have done just that.
Its an 82 Twin Cam.

It came minus a fuel pump and with a leak from the fuel tank plug so am in the process of rectifying that.

Does anyone know how i would get my hands on a workshop type manual for these?

Other question is regarding fuel system.... What fuel delivery pressure does a N/A Piazza require? So i can figure out what spec fuel pump to put on it.

Cheers
Cory
Piazza_man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Piazza_man »

Hi Cory, welcome to the forum. I'm not an officiando in the twin cam but I found something from a Japanese selling site that I use all the time, which might be of use to you in terms of sourcing new genuine parts, but I'll dig deeper to see if it's the same as the turbo version. I suspect it won't be.

Piazza fuel pump JR130 genuine part number 8-94471-314-0

http://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/c564 ... c=yaucc_sp

Or this used one:
http://page21.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/a ... j325358916
Last edited by Piazza_man on Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Im surprised how much that car went for considering it was basically in the middle of nowhere (I was going to bid $700 and pay $850 for shipping..)
How bad was the rust IRL, the photos were not too clear..

No idea on the specs however I would imagine it would be about the same as a SOHC engine, I don't think the injection system is TOO different?
1986 Piazza - 1984 Piazza
1986 Heron MJ1
www.mvpc.co.nz www.ihwedding.co.nz
CRUMPN
Learner
Learner

Post by CRUMPN »

Thanks for those links, I'll look into that Jap site if the one on this Parts car I've just acquired is no good.

Rust is fairly substantial and all over it. Much much more than described in the TradeMe auction which is rather disappointing..... Also wasn't mentioned that the entire engine bay was a massive rats nest and a fair bit of the wiring is chewed through.
Even got to meet the rat whilst loading on the trailer yesterday.

As much as i don't want to wreck a Piazza.... Its beyond putting back on the road unfortunately.
CRUMPN
Learner
Learner

Post by CRUMPN »

Fuel pump off the parts car works A-ok so I'm away laughing.

Also think I've been scammed out of NZ$25 from a website called "Best Manuals"
Seemed legitimate but its been almost a week and haven't heard a peep....They happily took my money tho.

Hopefully PayPal can sort it.

I've started a Facebook group if anyone is interested...... This type of Forum seems a bit obsolete currently

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1855008038047927/

Cheers
Cory