Pedal Box removal

General Bellett, Gemini 75-98, Piazza 81-93, Bellel, Florian, 117 Coupe, Minx, Aska technical discussion.
GeminiCoupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

I know how to slide single spinners, been doing it since i was 15 so its not new to me. Just alot more predictable in an LSD.

Me in the old car. No power plus single spinner.

http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b155/ ... ryroad.flv

Nick-
project - 76 Gemini Coupe G200z EFI Turbo
daily - 02 S15 Nissan 200SX GTspecS Turbo
wet-weather fun toy - TX 75 Gemini Sedan G200z
madmike
Power Moderator
Power Moderator

Post by madmike »

nice very nice :supz: :supz: :supz: :supz:
Sideways by choice!!!!!
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

Hey, just like the missus going to the supermarket, and then she claims it wasn't her fault the pinion gear without teeth is sittin on the book case. The driver in number two was as busy as a one legged man at an arse kicking contest trying to get power down...I love it. I listened carefully but didn't hear the Colonel Bogey horn which I fully expected and no sign of Boss Hogg either. Well done Y'all
So many cars, so little cash
GeminiCoupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

Alex, did you find it was abit hard to pull out, in particular around the brake booster area? Its as tight as a fucking drum, doesnt budge at all without any bolts un done.

Nick-
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

Alex, did you find it was abit hard to pull out, in particular around the brake booster area? Its as tight as a fucking drum, doesnt budge at all without any bolts un done.
I could lie and say no sweat but i will own up that i wrestled with it until I figured out I had missed one of the bolts Sheesh! It was still tight but i could feel it moving. I eventually removed the brake booster and that took a bit of levering away from the firewall. Turns out the four studs on the booster were really tight in the pedal box holes.
Have you tried shifting the booster? maybe it is the same problem. Get severe. Even if you hadn't undone the two around the cluch master it should still move a bit if all four of the booster nuts are off.

24" crowbar between back of booster and firewall could be you new best friend. Shift it forward and pedal box should fall out of place.
So many cars, so little cash
GeminiCoupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

Havent tried moving the boost yer but that will be my port of call. Sounds like the problem though, because it wont budge AT ALL.

Nick-