Pedal Box removal

General Bellett, Gemini 75-98, Piazza 81-93, Bellel, Florian, 117 Coupe, Minx, Aska technical discussion.
GeminiCoupe
APC Member
APC Member

Pedal Box removal

Post by GeminiCoupe »

Im stuck trying to take the pedalbox out, for the life of me i cant find all the bolts holding it in. Anyone got a picture or better yet a Diagram of how it goes in?

Nick-
project - 76 Gemini Coupe G200z EFI Turbo
daily - 02 S15 Nissan 200SX GTspecS Turbo
wet-weather fun toy - TX 75 Gemini Sedan G200z
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

Should be easy enough once you have removed the steering column. I have one sitting under the house so i will take a piccie tomorrow and post it for you
So many cars, so little cash
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

Here are some dirty pictures for you, you can see that apart from the four around the base of the column there are a couple at the dash end which you have probably got sussed. The sneaky ones are the two hiding up on the right hand side and you can't see them easily until you have the ECU out and a few things wrestled out the way. I had to change the clutch fulcrum on mine and did it in place. NEVER AGAIN. Easier with it out.

Having trouble up loading so will email to you instead
GeminiCoupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

Cheers mate :drinkers:

Those two on the far right [first pic you sent me] are near the pushrod for the clutch master right? Think ive got it sussed.

Nick-
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

Dead right good luck with it, I am about to do a manual conversion on our latest project car as well so there go the knuckles again
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

Now I think about ti the bolts that hold the MC on go through those holes I'm sure
GeminiCoupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

Spacing looks about right so it could be. Whats the manual conversion on, one of the Piazzas or your sons dreaded wolsey thingy.

Nick-
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

one of the Piazzas or your sons dreaded wolsey thingy.
:finga: :finga: :finga:
Yeah very good, the dreadful Wolseley thingy is on back burner as boys latest project is 1984 JR120 Auto with recon engine already fitted and recon turbo courtesy of muggins here, due to have slush box surgically removed in favour if my spare Irmscher late model 5 speed, again I must be a mug to let the bastard wind me around his little finger, never mind I stole the tyres, has the usual electrical nightmares that Piazzas have like all the idiot lights coming on and off willy nilly as the fancy takes them but basically sound body with only a few minor blemishes. Need alternator and a few little bits tidied up around the engine bay. Everyone will be pleased to know it actually has a battery clamp! Stuffed battery but very good clamp.

The auto is a good one as well but boys will be boys, (don't blame him really) I suppose he will expect me to regurgitate a flywheel and clutch as well. he has already been fossicking about in my secret boxes and pinched my brand spanking never been on the mans back clutch master and slave cylinders. The larcenous little prick. I need better padlocks. If he even so much as goes near my full set of factory Irmsher decals and stickers I will probably stab him in his sleep.
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

wedgenut wrote: I suppose he will expect me to regurgitate a flywheel and clutch as well.
While your hacking those up :toimonster: care to spit a LSD centre out the other end :butthead: ??????

The pic upload does work. You need to change the Holden in the URL it gives you to isuzu. Its a domain thing. Blame Chris, coz ive got no idea what to do or even what im doing for that matter.

Bob.
Too many Piazzas to little money.

Currently unemployed. Watch this space.
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

Its a domain thing. Blame Chris, coz ive got no idea what to do or even what im doing for that matter.
I don't know either but might have a hack at it and see what happens.
Sorry about LSD, I don't have any of those, not even one for myself so you are a ways down the queue. While we are talking anyway I don't suppose you have a set of synchro rings hanging about do you that are not all worn down?
GeminiCoupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

He saw the light :angel7: That, or you threatened to kill him unless he got a Piazza :axe:

Youll need to do something about the rear end. Piazzas are already tricky in the handling department - i could only imagine how much of a handfull an open-diffed Turbo would be in the rain....single-limo-single-limo-single-single-limo-fark-overcorrected-leftovercrestintoditch-soiledjocks.

Do you get many torque-tube LSDs these days? Wouldnt mind one if i ever get back into standard-diff Geminis.

Nick-
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

Nah i meant the LSD for him not me. Ive got a few here to keep me busy.

Hunt down an early Jackaroo. Should work with a bit of a rebuild.

I dont have any syncro rings that arent in a box.

Cheers.
Bob.
Too many Piazzas to little money.

Currently unemployed. Watch this space.
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

Youll need to do something about the rear end. Piazzas are already tricky in the handling department
Nah, they are okay as long as you don't have a slightly sticky throttle body, which I do, and you don't have a sudden take up clutch, which I do and you have great big wide roads, which I don't. All in all it is character building stuff. You get used to it and it is at least quite predictable. Our turbos are all JDM imports and I don't think they are quite as bad as the way the YB was set up from what I hear. There are a few TT LSD diffs around but I don't have one BOO HOO! All mine are TT slippery style.
GeminiCoupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

The inconsistancy would still irk me. That was one of the biggest let downs in the BMW - perfect chassis balance/handling, but a fucking single spinner. Coming out of corners hard itd pick the inside wheel up then suddenly arse-out big time. The wet was a handful trying to skate it, suddenly dropping back to one wheel mid-slide used to get abit messy with the back suddenly wanting to go a different way.

Eh. My Piazza has LSD. And Power. I am Happy. LOL

Nick-
madmike
Power Moderator
Power Moderator

Post by madmike »

the two things required to drift a open diff turbo are BIG BALLS and FAST COUNTERSTEER!!!! gave it a shot at the race track last week great fun

once u get the hang of it its totally predictable

a lot easier to drift in the wet than my mates old turbo skyline that used to be nothin nothin nothin 180 hello drain!!!!!!!!!!
Sideways by choice!!!!!