turbo and non turbo ecu`s

sake007ro
Probationary
Probationary

turbo and non turbo ecu`s

Post by sake007ro »

I have 2 piazza`s.One non turbo wich is registered and one turbo not registered and wich hasn`t much on it.
The non turbo has an auto transmission with 4 speeds and the turbo has a manual trans with 5 speeds.Unfortunatly the turbo`s engine is nude,that means i have only the block,the exhaust manifold the flywheel...
The ideea is that i want to put the manual trans from the turbo on my non turbo.
I know it works and it bolts fine,but does the ecu has any difference?
I have all i need:the trans,the pedals,the clutches master and slave,the flywheel,i will buy a clutch kit for a turbo,but is the ecu from the auto different from the manual and if it is will it affect the performances?
I read on the forum that i have to close the circuit of the auto,to fool the ecu,if not,the engine won`t start.
The auto has an overdrive option-is that an option controlled by the ecu or the gearbox(i think is gearbox controlled).
I tried to search the forums for not questioning the old questions,but if u ,guys outhere,know more things about this kind of swap and all the thimgs i have to be carrefull with,please let me know.
We all know that piazza`s,parts and info`s for them are hard to find,but for me you are almost the only source,cause in my contry i may be the only owner,and i am verry serios...i already bought a manual from ebay,wich helps me and now i am waiting for a parts codes manual wich i also bought it from ebay.
Thanks!
sake007ro
Probationary
Probationary

ecus

Post by sake007ro »

I forgot!
i only have two ecus:the one from the auto and the one from the turbo.When mounted,the turbo ecu makes my car drive like heaven...it eats the asphalt...but only for 5 minutes until the amount of gas is too much and chokes the engine.
The question was:can i use the auto`s ecu with the manual trans,or do i need a manual ecu non turbo to go with the manual trans?
Is there a solution too fool the engine in getting more air if i use the turbo ecu?I tell u,when i changed the ecu`s my car was totally different.
Thanks
sake007ro
Probationary
Probationary

ecus

Post by sake007ro »

...the ecu type is ITEC not JECS...i know that u fellows have the JECS ones.
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

The ECU is no problem at all, don't give it a second thought. The not starting is nothing to do with the ECU, it is a lock out circuit on the ignition side. When you remove the cover over the auto changer you will see a white six pin multi plug with some wires going to the transmission. All you have to do is bridde two of the terminals, I can let you know which two to do and the problem is gone. It is only to stop you starting the car in gear in the auto models. Dead easy to fix. The other thing you may need to do is open the transmission hole a little bit for clearance as the lateral movement of the manual box is more than the auto. Again no hassle, I know i have done a couple of auto to manual conversions. Happy to assist if you need any more info. you have my email address already.

Cheers
So many cars, so little cash
sake007ro
Probationary
Probationary

ecus

Post by sake007ro »

Thanks a lot for the infos!
I thought so!As it is hard to find anything,i was afraid that i nedeed another ecu...it is good to know that won`t be necessary.
I know what pin connector you are talking about.I also have the tools for making the bigger hole for the manual.I am just verry anxios to do the swap...i heard it would realy make the difference.Now i am waiting the part binder manual to help my mechanic find the parts for the engine,cause it seems i have some problems there and after that....hopefully it will work as i want!
Thanks again! :supz:
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

what engine parts do you need?
Don't forget for your manual conversion you will need a flywheel as well as the clutch, if your engine is G200 the flywheel from the turbo car WILL NOT fit, you need a g200 flywheel, also, it is a smaller working surface so you need g200 clutch NOT turbo clutch, it won't fit. I got lots of g200 flywheels if you get stuck. You will also need to withdraw the centre bush from the end of the crankshaft and fit the correct spigot ball bearing, easy enough to get and very cheap from a bearing supplier.
sake007ro
Probationary
Probationary

Post by sake007ro »

Damn it!I only have the turbo`s flywheel....i thought it will work...it is good that u told me that cause i would have bought a turbo clutch...knowing this,it would be good if you could send me a flywheel and i would pay you,if i don`t find one here and is not verry expensive.The problem is i live in Romania,Europe so i guess the shipping is difficult...we`ll see.
With the engine...i have problems with the head gasket and one of the pistons doesn`t function normaly..i think.That`s all for the moment,though i am sure i will find other stuff.
Anyway,if i don`t manage to get it trough i know where to shout!
Thanks a lot!
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

You need to try hard to find one closer to where you are, I am happy to let you have a flywheel for nothing but the cost of posting to Romania is more than it is worth as it is a very heavy item. I'll get a quote if you like. The same flywheel is used on many of the older Isuzu's with a G series engine, like the trooper for example so look around locally first.

Head gaskets etc are no problem to get and quite cheap. I know a good USA source for these and other parts.