BOOST

scotty

BOOST

Post by scotty »

WHAT DOSE EVERY ONE THINK IS A SAFE PSI TO RUN IN STOCK MOTORS? ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT.
GO HARD OR GO HOME!!!!!!!!
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

In a stock standard motor above 10psi and you are entering the region where things start to come under stress, head gasket failure, cracked pistons, overheating etc. It is an exponential curve, one extra PSI provides a heap more stress than you would imagine. Always a trade off, if you don't mind lots of rebuilds run 15 psi and arrange an overdraft with your friendly bank manager LOL.
So many cars, so little cash
scotty

Post by scotty »

thanx champ, thanx mate but not really looking to have any more issues with the car so i might just leave it the way it is, i might actual sell it cause i need money what you recon id get for it?

it is really really clean no rust motor has just been put in so no leaks the inside is really clean best ive seen all it has done to it is pod filter the people befor lowered the front with what look like king springs. thats about it so yeah if any one is intersted let me know. just one thing with the money i spent to get the motor in i wont be looking to sell her for cheap.
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

Well you could well be hanging onto it for a bit then.

You only sell Piazzas for $1000 to gemini guys. Anthing more than that and you have to wait for a really special kind of person to come along.

Bob.
Too many Piazzas to little money.

Currently unemployed. Watch this space.
scotty

Post by scotty »

yeah i decided im going to keep it it means to much to me to just sell it cheap