Fasteners

ImpulseRocket89

Fasteners

Post by ImpulseRocket89 »

Seeing if anybody can help me out with a couple of fastener specs or resources.

First, I am looking into doing Main studs. The rods I have on the way are already coming with ARP2000's, and I will be putting my order in for ARP head studs in a couple of days. I would like to round out the bottom end bullet-proofing and upgrade from the stock rod bolts to studs. I know I could easily enough contact ARP and see what they have, but if anybody has readily available info on this it can save me some guess work and time. (and be much appreciated)

Exhaust manifold studs would be the other one. Basic specs, good upgrades? I don't have any examples to go off of from either engine.

I am kind of going beserk with the parts ordering here ( you shall see how crazy when it all arrives lol ). I am sure there are things I am missing that I want to ask about, but this is all I can remember for now.
1988 Isuzu Impulse Turbo.
2005 Ford Crown Victoria LX

RIP 1989 Impulse Turbo, aka "Rakete"
ImpulseRocket89

Post by ImpulseRocket89 »

I am still on the lookout for the main bolt specs. Somebody has to know them. At least Size and thread pitch?
1988 Isuzu Impulse Turbo.
2005 Ford Crown Victoria LX

RIP 1989 Impulse Turbo, aka "Rakete"
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

Trusting to memory the main bearing bolts are M12 but just measure to confirm, they are metric fine regardless so if M12 they will be 1.25pitch. If by any chance they are M14 which I doubt they would be 1.5 pitch for metric fine. Exhaust manifold studs are M8 x 1.25 pitch and don't skimp on material quality. A good high temp alloy steel is best but your bolt supplier should know.
So many cars, so little cash