Speedo doesnt work

Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Speedo doesnt work

Post by Rodeobob »

Look what i found, its the one on the left.
I grabbed another one out of a Gemini gearbag and its half chewed out, the one on the right, you might be able to pick it up in the picture.
I found another one the same, not sure what it was from but it looked brand new so i shoved that in it.

Just as well i thought to check that the speedo cable was spinning before i started swapping dashes in and out of the car. lol.

The one that was in it had everything working but the speedo stays on 0. So yeah something electrical there, the cable not spinning had nothing to do with it.
The one out of the other black car is kaput. Id say power supply problem. Only the warning lights working.
The dash out of the White Auto works fine so its in the car now and the interior is all back together.

I fitted up the Turbo Timer that was in the car while i was at it. Thought i might as well have it working seeing as it was there. I will do a thread on that tomorrow.

Bob.
Too many Piazzas to little money.

Currently unemployed. Watch this space.
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

That happened to my one couldn't find another so I had to use a Gemini one which was 1 tooth bigger I think.. Could it be from a Rodeo or Shuttle?
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

Gemini one should be the same. Same diff ratio and the same rolling diameter for the tyre.

Could have been out of something else. I just found it, if you saw my shed you would understand. lol.

Bob.

Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

Nah the Piazza rolling diameter is about 1.5 inches bigger than Gemini.

I tried to get a Piazza one from Holden but no luck. Might be possible to get them for a Rodeo though.
Delivery Boy

Post by Delivery Boy »

ya, piazza have 195/65/R14 and gemini have 175/70/R13 (which is a 195/60/R14)

so geminis have a different rolling diamater, however i think the wheels on my piazza have gemini sized tires on em coz they are same as the ones on my gemini now lol. mmm, time to find some more cheap 18's....
My car stopped leaking oil, does that mean I'm out?
Rick82

Post by Rick82 »

my blue piazza ahd both those problems when i got her, the speedo would blink on and off everynow and then and when it would stay on for a second it would always read 0 so i replaced the gear with piazza number 2 and before i changed the clocks over i pinned out the plugs that go into the instruments and found i was missing three earths now the whole thing works fine
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

Nah the Piazza is meant to have 195/60/14's on it not 65's. Check your tyre plackard.

I got mine out of the shed today. The dash kept cutting in and out when i reved it then it stopped doing it and started working fine.

Went for a quick spin (with the front bumper off), its going ok, the idle is low and it keeps stalling.

Then one or two spark plugs fouled up so i puta new set in and put it away. lol.

Still got a fair few bugs to iron out.

Bob.

Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

Yeah 195/60, Gemini is a bit smaller enough for them to have to add a tooth to the drive. The speedo was about 5% off with the Gemini one..
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

Bugle wrote:Yeah 195/60, Gemini is a bit smaller enough for them to have to add a tooth to the drive. The speedo was about 5% off with the Gemini one..
Ive got 205/60/15's on the back of mine, that will be out a bit me thinks. lol.

Bob.

wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

I was looking at a site not long ago that all the percentage changes for different tyre combo's. If I can find it again i will post the link
So many cars, so little cash
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

Here are a couple of links that might help with tyre choices

http://www.dsm.org/tools/tiresize.htm

http://www.maserati-rc.org/techtips/Techtip044.htm
So many cars, so little cash