engine required

brendan
APC Member
APC Member

engine required

Post by brendan »

I had a small problem last night, i was driving around and i noticed a large knock coming from the engine, look at my oil pressure guage and it had nothing, pulled over straight away but was too late. oil dipstick had blow out of engine and there was oil all though the engine bay. Got more oil and tried to start it but it was locked solid. Just put a spanner on the crank but it will not move it with no plugs and oil in plug holes.
What do you guys reckon, i want to keep the car what is the best option rebuild the motor or look for a second hand one? Dont know how much damage is in the engine it only happened last night.
Cheers Brendan
Does anyone have a engine or car going cheap in N.S.W
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

Keep your eye open for a rusted out knackered 2L shuttle. Rip the Piazza motor out and bolt all the cap to the Shuttle head and block and off you go. Get your motor rebuilt in the mean time.

I could probably help you out. Ive got a Piazza motor here thats had the manifolds pinched off it. Id have to do a comp test on it. I dont realy want to sell it ATM so it wont be el cheapo, hence i mentioned the Shuttle. I bought one with a months Rego off eBay a while back for $260. Its been sitting up in the yard for wel over a month, hit the key the other day and it fired up no drama, is that a bargain or what?????

Cheers. Bob.
Too many Piazzas to little money.

Currently unemployed. Watch this space.
brendan
APC Member
APC Member

Post by brendan »

I have got one back on all the Gemini owners! I found a guy with a worked piazza motor in a gem that he had written off, so i manage to buy the engine off him to back into a piazza WHERE IT BELONGS! picking up the engine today so will hopefully have the car back on the road in 2 to 3 weeks!
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

brendan wrote:I have got one back on all the Gemini owners! I found a guy with a worked piazza motor in a gem that he had written off, so i manage to buy the engine off him to back into a piazza WHERE IT BELONGS! picking up the engine today so will hopefully have the car back on the road in 2 to 3 weeks!
Good job.

I rekon one of those G161Z's Darren (Gemracing) builds for the Gems in a Piazza would belt it right up the Gemini guys. lol. Bolt in fit too with G200Z Piazza mounts etc. So its an easier conversion than Piazza into Gem, well it wouldnt even be a conversion, its a true bolt in job. lol

Bob.

brendan
APC Member
APC Member

Post by brendan »

i am in the middle of removing my old engine, just wondering how the hell you are suppose to work on these bloodly cars, to remove the intake manifold i have removed so many vacuum, lines in is not funny, looking at the car now it looks like it will never go back together. And whats the go with the wiring harness going under the intake runners, this car got to be the biggest prick of a car to work on!
After all my bitching just wondering if anybody has any pointers or little tricks too help me in removing the engine and also putting it back in again.
Cheers
Brendan
Madcat

Post by Madcat »

The wiring harness should have a connector about 4-6 inches from the intake to unplug it from the injector harness.

Madcat :snakeman:
I have opposable thumbs I WILL prevail

88 Trooper, soon to be turbo. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2941780

89 Impulse Turbo. 3.5L 6VE-1 swap in progress. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2941760
GeminiCoupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

Brendan, i feel your pain - ive removed two Piazza engines and im about to install one TODAY. Hopefully i can get the wiring sorted and get her to a point where she starts tomorow afternoon.

You know that relay box or whatever it is - the one on the drivers side, its like a soft plastic cover with ISUZU on it and 4 little squares? Pull that off because some of the plugs are in there, and basically follow each wire from the manifold and they usually come together and end up in one plug. Theres about 4 big plugs and 3 or 4 little male/female connections for things like oil pressure sensors. The dizzy plug runs along the firewall and to the battery clamps - look for a little 2 prong connecter. Thats about all i can think of. Just remember the wires on the gearbox - i didnt and half way on ripping the engine out i hit a snag and tore the wires. Theres also one on the starter [obviously] which can be a pain to undo with the lack of space.

Nick-
project - 76 Gemini Coupe G200z EFI Turbo
daily - 02 S15 Nissan 200SX GTspecS Turbo
wet-weather fun toy - TX 75 Gemini Sedan G200z
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

It's all in the service manual, should get a copy..
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

brendan wrote:After all my bitching just wondering if anybody has any pointers or little tricks too help me in removing the engine and also putting it back in again.
Cheers
Brendan
Yep ive got a tip.

If youve got no idea what your doing or what goes where, mark everything when you pull it appart.

Allso handy to mark shit if your not going to put it back together for a while, just in case you forget.

Bob.

wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

If you are a lazy prick like what i am you can pinch the kids paints and paint the ends of the hoses/wires
where they fit so it is all nicely colour coded and then take some happy snaps with the digital as a double check. Camera is real good cause you can poke it down under the maniflod where your head don't fit and take a piccie to see where everything is before removal also.
So many cars, so little cash