Ball Joints in MELB

Crisis
Learner
Learner

Ball Joints in MELB

Post by Crisis »

Hey Everyone.
I just picked up an 86 Piazza from my local wreckers. Not in bad nick, a little rust round the back window, and my drivers side balljoint is F'd.

Just wondering if anyone has an ok-ish one handy, just so i can move it around till i can get a new one. Oh, and WHERE can I get a new one?

Cheers.

Crisis
Crisis
Learner
Learner

Post by Crisis »

Oh. Can I use Gemini front ball joints? They cant be THAT different....
GeminiCoupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

The upper balljoints are the same as Gemini, lowers are completely different. PM Rodeobob he may have some spares/know where to source some.

Nick-
project - 76 Gemini Coupe G200z EFI Turbo
daily - 02 S15 Nissan 200SX GTspecS Turbo
wet-weather fun toy - TX 75 Gemini Sedan G200z
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

I can sell you a pair of New lower ball joints for $100.
RRP from Holden, who are the only ones you can get them from locally, is $180 each.

Id do both sides if i were you. At $100 for the pair your saving $260 anyway. If one is stuffed the other wont be far behind.

Send me a PM if you want a pair.
Cheers. Bob.
Too many Piazzas to little money.

Currently unemployed. Watch this space.
Jay Dee
APC Member
APC Member

ah .. So!

Post by Jay Dee »

Noble of you to offer them so cheaply!
CHCH NZ
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

The last pair of lower joints i got from the states cost me NZ$64 including P&P for the pair and arrived in a week. Holden dealers here don't stock them normally but will indent from Japan at only $328 + grab and snatch tax so I will continue to do my shopping in uncles sams back yard. Get yourself an ebay account dude, it aint hard.
So many cars, so little cash
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

So I guess the balljoint is popped out? Make sure the other suspension components arent bent. My drivers side balljoint had let go and both upper, lower arms and the stub axle were bent.
piazza-crx
APC Member
APC Member

Post by piazza-crx »

ive had both my ball joints go on me (my passenger side one twice). If you are doing you ball joints make sure you check you suspension bushings, they may need to be replaced too as the extra movement can cause more stress on the ball joints.
If Gemini's were ever meant to go fast, they would have come out of the factory with 4zc1t engines!!

Business CD Solutions
piazza-crx
APC Member
APC Member

Re: ah .. So!

Post by piazza-crx »

Jay Dee wrote:Noble of you to offer them so cheaply!
Oh the spite in those words. So much hostility on this forum. cant we all just get along. :heart: :supz:

Crisis. Jay Dee has a pair he could sell 2 u for $80, the ball joints are small so postage shouldnt be too much.
If Gemini's were ever meant to go fast, they would have come out of the factory with 4zc1t engines!!

Business CD Solutions
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

wedgenut wrote:The last pair of lower joints i got from the states cost me NZ$64 including P&P for the pair and arrived in a week. Holden dealers here don't stock them normally but will indent from Japan at only $328 + grab and snatch tax so I will continue to do my shopping in uncles sams back yard. Get yourself an ebay account dude, it aint hard..
?piazza? wrote:
Jay Dee wrote:Noble of you to offer them so cheaply!
Oh the spite in those words. So much hostility on this forum. cant we all just get along. :heart: :supz:

Crisis. Jay Dee has a pair he could sell 2 u for $80, the ball joints are small so postage shouldnt be too much.
Yep he could do that, or come past my joint with a one hundred dollar bill :yawinkle: .

I do have one Balljoint here thats all on its lonesome. And i did pay $120 for it buy itself a while back off an aussie on eBay before i found out where i could get a pair for that price. Holden have them in warehouse here in melb last i checked. $180 each. Hence why i paid $120 for the one new one. I suppose i could rip myself off and sell it to you for $100 after all it is lonely and does need a home.

Bob.

piazza-crx
APC Member
APC Member

Post by piazza-crx »

bob, no-ones gonna buy it now. let it be lonesome. one day one of your joints will go and you'll need one :D

Business CD Solutions
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

?piazza? wrote:bob, no-ones gonna buy it now. let it be lonesome. one day one of your joints will go and you'll need one :D
lol, yeah thats what i was thinking. I might find that one of my Piazzas need just the one to get it on the road.
I will need one anyway for this idea ive got for an adapter block to use a different spindle and Ball joints on the front for bigger brakes. Ive got your stuffed ones here but a new on will be better.

Bob.

Jacko

Post by Jacko »

I thought i would wake this post up as im well after a pair of lower balls joints....can anyone sort me out?
Nurburgring - Not for girls Image
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

I thought i would wake this post up as im well after a pair of lower balls joints....can anyone sort me out?
PM Rodeobob, I'm sure he has some for sale, shame you didn't ask a week ago, my son just flew back to the UK with nothing interesting for customs to complain about. a couple of handgun shaped ball joints would have had them going. Easy to get from the US as well.
So many cars, so little cash