Aircon electronics

IZU069
Power Moderator
Power Moderator

Post by IZU069 »

Congrats! And thanks for the update.

Like I said, the black relays are changeover, hence you had a direct short to ground and blew the relay.

The headlight relay (not the hi-lo relay, but the brown "power switching" relay) is a dual-pole on-off relay (DPST) - assuming that's the relay used.

But I'd have to look over your previous posts - I'm not sure now which relay is being bypassed etc.

The original grey "starter" relay CUTS power to the aircon during cranking. It's failure to supply aircon power (ie, when NOT cranking) means its NC (Normally Closed) contact had failed.
And NC contacts are more prone to failure because they only have spring force - not the more powerful coil supplied electro-mag force. So when springs get weak, and cars vibrate, contacts get dirty, hot, and fail.

FYI:-
- a GREY relay can be imitated with two normal change over relays (SPDT). (Or 1xSPDT and 1xSPST (plain on-off) since only one NC (SPDT) contact is used.)
- a BROWN relay is merely 2 ordinary SPST (on-off) relays.
Both solutions have their coils paralleled.
IZU069 - ISUZU means a lot to me.
mr.
Learner
Learner

Re: Aircon electronics

Post by mr. »

vinnie55 wrote:Ok.

right, so I start my piazza up and try to switch on the aircon.
nothing happens. none of the little red lights are on on that section at all, it seems there is no power getting to it.
As far as I can tell, my guess is it has lost accessories power.
possibly a loose connection.
thing is.
I'm shit with electronics that I didn't wire myself.
(and even then i'm only good if it's audio)
I had a look under the dash and there were heaps of different wireing looms.

So I don't know where to start.

also. It's working now but the left elec window and the stereo were working intermittently, they both would not work at the same time, and vise verser. It is the stock radio and it did the thing it does when it's off. just shows the time.

this is why I believe it is an accessories power problem.

Any help will be most appreciated.

I am tempted to just take it to an auto electrician who knows what he's doing. stop me messing it up. - but i suspect their rates might be out of my budget.

cheers.
Good thing you know how to check your car. Unlike you, I was a dummy loser when my Isuzu Bellet's aircon didn't work way back before. My friends laughed at me because of this maters that's why I decided to read about Isuzu recalls and repair and apply it on my car. That was a big discovery for me and I've really learned a lot from that. That really helped me and I was able to repair my aircon.
Last edited by mr. on Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IZU069
Power Moderator
Power Moderator

Post by IZU069 »

Wow - a Bellett with aircon.
(Sure it wasn't a Bellel?)
vinnie55

Post by vinnie55 »

You learn from every experience.
ESPECIALLY the mistakes.
IZU069
Power Moderator
Power Moderator

Post by IZU069 »

Yeah - tell me about it!
But the pain.... sometimes. (Hopefully made up for by the laughs, but that's a lot of making up...)

Alas I try to prevent the mistakes - or to use a pun - short-circuit them. (An apt but bad pun perhaps?
But I'm not always successful, though secondary appreciation can happen when the student later understands what was meant. (And rewrites it in their words or tells the teacher what they didn't understand - but that's a Demming thing.)
vinnie55

Post by vinnie55 »

I have a way of turning an easy job into a bigger job.

For instance. I went to top up the oil.....and naturally I over did it.
So I went to take some out.
maybe I didn't tighten the sump plug up enough, and now it's dripping oil everywhere.

so I tighten it up real good..... which takes 10 seconds... if you don't count 15 minutes worth of jacking the car up and down and moving house hold pets from under the car in the process...

problem solved right?????

I just moved the car and there is a patch of oil under it RRRAAAAAAAGGGEEEEEE