What have we all got?

turbo andy
APC Member
APC Member

What have we all got?

Post by turbo andy »

I'm in the process of doing my stereo up a little.
What have you guys done?
I've got two of the smaller Alpine amps to install and was looking for advice on where to fit them.
The best I can think of is to mount one on each half of the back seat.
or on the back panel of the boot, under the latch area.

I would like to keep them as 'invisible' as possible. there is no room under the seats and I almost always leave the back seats folded down.

current gear:

standard clarion Tape radio and equaliser unit
came with ugly red sony 6 inch in back and nice Kenwood 6 inch in front

to fit:

1998 era Kenwood Tape unit with stacker (a nice unit too, out of old car)
150x2 rms Alpine 3542 amp to run front kenwoods
90x2 rms Alpine MRP amp on rears, maybe change them to a less stupid looking pair of eclipse or clarion 4 or 6 inch speakers

"Turbo" Andrew
Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Post by Chris »

A long time projekt of mine is using a crappy laptop (p3) and use it as a head unit. Take the screen off and mount it ontop of the middle console and put the rest of the laptop under the drivers seat so the cd rom opens underneath my legs. Of course you would need to cut the cables from the LCD screen and make a extension.

Wirless mini keybord and thumb mouse be the best option.

I also have a C micro controller which i may programm in the future to controll lights and other crap.

Ill be interested extending the sound card to a 5.1 and their for have dolby soround in my car.

Phone or AUX gets connected to the amps and thats it.

Cheap alternetive to a PS2, MP3 and DVD player all in one.

Now you could also fit the laptop with a wireless network card so you can upload movies and mp3s while the car is sitting in your drive way.
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

2009 | 1986 White Piazza 2.2L, Man, STi Turbo (SOLD)
2006 | 1986 Black Piazza Turbo Manual (SOLD)
2005 | 1986 White Piazza Turbo Auto (Pain in the ass)
2004 | 1986 White Piazza Manual Stock
2004 | 1986 Red Piazza Manual TO3, Haltech
2001 | 1986 Silver Piazza Manual Turbo
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

Mine came with one of those Alpine tape deck with stacker control although not the stacker. Then a thick wood custom parcel shelf with kenwood 7x10s in it, and some big shiney amp (250w?) just floating around in the boot without a fusible link on the power wire! Oh yea and the head unit was wired in by twisting wires ends together lol.
I just mounted the amp on the under side of the parcel shelf between the two speakers and wired it up properly.
WA Piazza

Post by WA Piazza »

My system has got a DVD/CD/MP3 player head unit, 2 pioneer 6x9s, 2 soly xplod 12" subs in box (will be customising the boot one day), 2 pioneer 6" in doors, 2 pioneer 4"in back seat, 2 tweeters, a boss 1200 wott amp, and a 320 wott amp running the 6x9s and 6"s
-Holden Piazza-
looking at 300bhp to 350bhp with a T03
Cant wait til Perths Woop Ass Wednesdays
shorty

Post by shorty »

mine is a pioneer display screen with the pioneer master control unit and pioneer 12 stacker. i am planing on putting sub/s in the spare wheel well.
WA Piazza

Post by WA Piazza »

yo shorty

where u gona put ya spare wheel?
in my mates car ive setup his custom boot with 2 12"s, 2 6"s, a 1200 wott amp and a 440 wott amp and the box that i made it in covers the spare wheel well so what i did was connect a long bolt strap to the floor of the boot and then put the spare tyre (5th mag) on display.

Looks awsome thiking of gettin the same colour paint on car and painting the box.

cheers

Josh
-Holden Piazza-
looking at 300bhp to 350bhp with a T03
Cant wait til Perths Woop Ass Wednesdays
faffled

Post by faffled »

i got 2 12 inch kenwood db subs.. 6inch jbl splits at the front..boston 4 inchs in the bak..wit a jvc dvd/mp3 deck wit a 3 inch screen on the deck..pumps up to 145 db! ive set up alotof systems including a mates rockford setup..if anyone needs to know anythin on systems just ask
GeminiCoupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

Mine consists of:

Clarion DXZ546MP CD/MP3/WMA headunit with remote and sub out. Its also got an AUX channel for TV screens and DVD units and what not but i dont think ill get one of them.

Pioneer 3way 4" speakers in the rear

Clarion 12" Sub [forget the name, its the aluminium look ones]

USAudio 2Channel Amp.

Nothing too wild but it does the job nicely, sounded good in the BMW and it wasnt even setup right. Should be abit better in the Piazza with a nice sealed enclosure, especially seeing as its a hatch. Just need to get some good front speakers. Im down to the Clarion 6.5" entry level splits or JVC 6" 3ways.

Nick-
project - 76 Gemini Coupe G200z EFI Turbo
daily - 02 S15 Nissan 200SX GTspecS Turbo
wet-weather fun toy - TX 75 Gemini Sedan G200z
piazza-crx
APC Member
APC Member

Post by piazza-crx »

My brother and I have had about 9 breakins to our vehicles over the last 3 years (combined). We've invested thousands into our stereo systems only to have them stolen away each time. Apparently adelaide has the highest rate of car break-ins per capita of any capital city in Oz. Ive come to the conclusion that unless i move to another state its not worth spending the money for a stereo anymore. But we do know our stuff when it comes to car stereo's so if anyone needs help or has questions feel free to ask.
If Gemini's were ever meant to go fast, they would have come out of the factory with 4zc1t engines!!

Business CD Solutions
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

?piazza? wrote:My brother and I have had about 9 breakins to our vehicles over the last 3 years (combined). We've invested thousands into our stereo systems only to have them stolen away each time. Apparently adelaide has the highest rate of car break-ins per capita of any capital city in Oz. Ive come to the conclusion that unless i move to another state its not worth spending the money for a stereo anymore. But we do know our stuff when it comes to car stereo's so if anyone needs help or has questions feel free to ask.
Thats crap dude. Freakin low lifes.

I wanted to put a hidden stereo in my old HQ. Have it so the std AM radio turns it on and off and controls the volume. Would be tricky.

Bob.
Too many Piazzas to little money.

Currently unemployed. Watch this space.
Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Post by Chris »

Don't think anyone is going to brake into wedgey's car and try to steal his Transistor AM radio :finga:
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

Look here Christine, your obsessive compulsive behaviour towards my state of the ark sound system is a bit of a worry. Time for some therapy I think, I suggest you go and listen to your Rolf Harris tapes until you feel better, i get enough shit from my kids because I still have records and casettes but they change their tune when they start raving about the latest greatest release by their favourite group called weareabunchoffukwits and I play them the original and then burn it for their glittery sparkly flashy lighty gizmo wotsit they have in their cars, which incidentally old dad had to fit and make work for them because they and two dozen of their cool mates couldn't read the bloody instructions.

My day to day runabout is less than a year old with a built in cd stacker and enough wattage to break windows and annoy other road users but when I am in my Turbs i only listen to the music from under the bonnet.

The Bella radio is by far the best one, it is original 1983 jap fitted with no band expander and all it gets is abloke talking greek i think and a demented shrew of a woman wittering on about how to find god. I will change it...one day...maybe...probably

:supz:
So many cars, so little cash
madmike
Power Moderator
Power Moderator

Post by madmike »

oh oh and the original jap radio pics up mr plod talkin shit!!!!
so u can get an idea which corner he is hiding around waitin for u by the way the freq is 76.3 try it it makes for interesting listining :snakeman:
Sideways by choice!!!!!
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

You are right about starsky and crutch on the squak box but I only get one sided conversations because of the crap rear window glass antenna, maybe I should ask Chris for that ugly buggy whip off his...not!
So many cars, so little cash
Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Post by Chris »

lol, looks like time for revange.. AM RADIO SUPER BLAST GHETTO, ROFL
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!