left hand indicator

vinnie55

left hand indicator

Post by vinnie55 »

OK.

so my left hand indicator is dieing.

I believe it is the switch. If I push harder on it it works intimittently.

it's gotten worse and worse and worse and now I can only turn right :S

money is too tight at the moment to pay a real auto electrician, so does anyone know a way i can fix or at least band aid it untill I get some more money?

...also...the lights on the dash are going crazy too..... when i indicate right sometimes the hazzard light comes on
Piazza_man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Piazza_man »

Izu069 would know. Izu069 do you copy buddy?...

Have you got a spare dash or pod? You could try to see if it's one or the other that has the gremlin.
IZU069
Power Moderator
Power Moderator

Post by IZU069 »

I have this immaculate Piazza in my drive - it was delivered yesterday.
I'm sure Cary wouldn't mind....

Announcements of my funeral to be posted...

RodeoBob is the person for parts like that...

But I will see if my spare has the pod. From memory it may have had broken "pivots" for whatever switches (or is that the LHS?).
And what I'd do is an exchange - I think they can be pulled apart and fixed.
Maybe contact cleaner will work, but I'll check this arvo. (Else PM me a reminder.)

Remember, hand signals are still legal (AFAIK). Unfortunately our left arms are not as long as certain Australian Fem Gemini admins. (LOL - LH turn is the same as a stop handsignal. And primates are not THAT primitive.)
IZU069 - ISUZU means a lot to me.
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

the switch can be changed out with a bit of jiggery pokery. I got plenty of switches.
So many cars, so little cash
vinnie55

Post by vinnie55 »

I've actually got one lined up that is missing the top switches... mine is missing the bottom switches.... hope i can make it complete.... I just need money. but work is coming my way soon (FINALLY) fuk'n quiet season.

It can be switched out? without taking the whole switchboard out??? because I've taken the whole thing out before and it wasn't easy....

contact cleaner sounds good.... how exactly does it work, is it liquid?
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

Piece of pee pee. Take the whole entire dash and pod assembly out as a unit. That is top cover off, two screws behind the speedo and two nuts under the dash and wiring plugs, speedo cable etc. 5 minutes. Remove the right hand pod from the assembly. 2 minutes. Take the back cover off the pod. 30 seconds at most. Lift off the circuit board, three screws from memory, thats another minute or so, remove the wires from the indicator switch and take out the screws holding the switch in place. remove the wires from the switch and attach to the new one. Couple more minutes. Assembly is reverse as they say in the manuals and job is done. If you allow an hour for the job there will still be drinking time left over.

Forget trying to do the job in place or removing the switch pod only as you would just be making grief for your self.

I've taken these assemblies out so many times I could do it blindfold in the snow while walking uphill over broken glass with an ale in one hand and not spill a drop.
Piazza_man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Piazza_man »

Now that's what call talent. You should become an Ausie and enter the Australia's Got Takent show :)
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

I applied to become an Aussie once but my name isn't Bruce and I didn't have a good enough criminal record to qualify LOL (You asked for that)
Piazza_man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Piazza_man »

You can always come on a boat like an assylum seeker at Christmas Island. Our Prime Minister has an open cheque book and placings for these boat people. It's an epidemic over here. You'll get to jump the cue ahead of the real and legal assylum seekers.
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

sounds like a good plan, if OZ is anything like enzed as long as I arrive penniless and pretend not to speak english the governemt will feed me, clothe me, give me a nice house in the burbs and a weekly payment so I don't have to work as it would be culturally insensitive to ask me to do so. in addition whatever language I claim to speak will have to be taught in schools so that you can all communicate with me to ensure you understand my needs.

If I turn up with my flawless character record, good qualifiactions and enough financial standing to look after myself I would be treated with suspicion and refused entry.

Cynical? Me? Never
Prejudiced? Me? Never. I dislike all colours races and religions equally.
Piazza_man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Piazza_man »

Exactly right there mate.
vinnie55

Post by vinnie55 »

ok. so all I need for this is a new indicator switch and then follow the above instructions?

can i buy one of these million switches you have lying around wedgenut.

I should also mention that the automatic settings on the wipers work as intermittently as the indicator.
any ideas about that?

You could come as an illegal immigrant, but without proper papers they will lock you and your spawn up for 5+ years and then you may eventually turn out to be an asylum seeker.
...that is if they don't ship you to Nauru, Malaysia, or fire on your little fishing boat then leave you and your children in the water to drown.
IZU069
Power Moderator
Power Moderator

Post by IZU069 »

A legal asylum seeker? That sounds like legal refugees - they all are by definition.
But we had our Victorian spate of cue jumpers too - all those those that got their houses burnt during black Saturday. So many others have had their house builds delayed - and they were there first.

(Yes - that's political. IE - black Saturday victims are essentially refugees.)

But as to Australia being a target of choice - yeah, after Europe, Canada, USA etc...
IZU069 - ISUZU means a lot to me.
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

I'll dig one out and check it out to be sure it is okay. I will let you know. Can't help with the automatic wipers, we didn't habe those flash rain sensing things. Just the ordinary switch on manual type.
vinnie55

Post by vinnie55 »

hmmm maybe i'll give that one to my auto electrician friend