onboard computer

Rick82

onboard computer

Post by Rick82 »

because im not very mechanicly minded, were would i find my computer in my car??

mine is an auto but i am doing the conversion, do i need to swap computers??

any info would be much apreciated as im pulling the manual box out tommorow and all the other stuff im going to need to swap over and if the computer needs to be swapped ill do it all at once.

thanks guy's!!
piazza-crx
APC Member
APC Member

Post by piazza-crx »

Computer resides on the driver's side. Right above where your pedals are. Should be on the right hand side, and is a big brass coloured metal box.
If Gemini's were ever meant to go fast, they would have come out of the factory with 4zc1t engines!!

Business CD Solutions
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

Computer resides on the driver's side. Right above where your pedals are. Should be on the right hand side, and is a big brass coloured metal box.
Or it might be a big silver coloured box and @piazza@ is right it is immediately above and behind the fuse box and can be a prick to get out. I would leave it and see how it runs before changing it but if you have the manual one anyway and you know it is a good one then you might as well.
So many cars, so little cash
Rick82

Post by Rick82 »

conversion is 99% complete and if you have read my last couple of posts i am having some high idleing issues, could this be due to the Auto computer that is still running my car??

could it also be the reason why my cruise control will not work anymore??

i also noticed there was a switch on my clutch when i removed it from the other car, it is atached in my car now but it isnt wired in, What does it do??

i think i need to purchase the work shop manual off Poida.

while im at it when i removed the origional stereo there was a antena cable and another cable right along side of it with a plug type connection, What is it for?? i meterd it out and it dosent seem to do anything??
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

Could try adjusting the idle with the throttle body screw first.

The cruise control computer appears to have a connection to the auto overdrive computer so you might need the cruise control computer from the manual car.

You need the clutch switch as well as a neutral switch so it knows to stop cruise when you step on the clutch so that could also prevent it from working if they're not hooked up.

Definitely get a workshop manual it has all the wiring info you'll need to get the switches hooked up properly.
piazza-crx
APC Member
APC Member

Post by piazza-crx »

check some of the vacuum pipes. if they are split or disconnected it may also idle high. Could also be the thermostat. Might even be just the accelerator cable too tight or has a kink in it.
If Gemini's were ever meant to go fast, they would have come out of the factory with 4zc1t engines!!

Business CD Solutions