Cracks in the dash

General Bellett, Gemini 75-98, Piazza 81-93, Bellel, Florian, 117 Coupe, Minx, Aska technical discussion.
PeZ
Probationary
Probationary

Cracks in the dash

Post by PeZ »

yeh hi guys i just wanted to know if their is any way to fix cracks in the dash board from the sun besides replacing the whole thing.
yes this is my signature . . . . . . .
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

Yeah have to get it re-trimmed with new vinyl which involves removing the dash I doubt you'll find one which hasn't cracked..
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

What car????

A dash carpet is the go.
Cover the sucker up.

Bob.
Too many Piazzas to little money.

Currently unemployed. Watch this space.
Virtual-R
Technical Admin
Technical Admin

Post by Virtual-R »

Pez I take it you are Nicks cousin? If you have bought a Piazza with a cracked dash tell him to let me know. I can retrim it for you, just cover the cost of materials and I'll get it done :)

If any of the other Melb guys want a dash redone let me know also, I'll be making another order for vinyl in a few weeks so can add another colour in with that.
GeminiCoupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

Havent heard from my cousin roy and i dont think hes bought one yet :yawinkle:
project - 76 Gemini Coupe G200z EFI Turbo
daily - 02 S15 Nissan 200SX GTspecS Turbo
wet-weather fun toy - TX 75 Gemini Sedan G200z
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

That is a terrific offer Roy, I'm happy to pay for the materials and supply the beer if you could nip over on the weekend and do mine, black please would be nice. :finga: :finga: :finga: :drinkers: :drinkers: :drinkers:
So many cars, so little cash
Virtual-R
Technical Admin
Technical Admin

Post by Virtual-R »

haha maybe if bob has a really crappy condition dash that he is throwing out I could grab it and trim it up. Could probably fedex it over to you :P
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

Me throw something out. LMFAO

Bob.
Too many Piazzas to little money.

Currently unemployed. Watch this space.
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

No problem, i have a spare dash all ready, just too lazy to actually go and get the material and whack it on. Truth is I'm hangin out for revhead to finally give up fighting and let me have his spare COMPLETE black nero interior. One day I'm gonna just go to his place and steal it. That'll teach him.
piazza-crx
APC Member
APC Member

Post by piazza-crx »

i have a brand new dash (brown). but im in adelaide
If Gemini's were ever meant to go fast, they would have come out of the factory with 4zc1t engines!!

Business CD Solutions
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

Only one of mine has a brown dash but it is in mint condition otherwise I would be interested, freight cost would kill the idea anyway.
Virtual-R
Technical Admin
Technical Admin

Post by Virtual-R »

That's what you get for not becoming a state of Australia, Tasmanians may have 2 heads but at least they still get cheap postage :P
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

I'd rather pay the high postage than be put in the same class as the taswegians. No rope marks on my neck
elky1
Probationary
Probationary

Post by elky1 »

crack free dashes are rare i agree, but i got 3 of them!!!

i can post a piazza dash to the southern states for $50, but you run the risk of cracking due to carelessness

cheers
Virtual-R
Technical Admin
Technical Admin

Post by Virtual-R »

Just had an idea, I could probably make up some leatherette (imitation leather) or real leather dash covers for the piazza which would be easy to send over to you in new zealand Alex. I was looking into doing them for the TF - TG shape Gemini dash's also.

It would cover the entire top of the dash with the front running down to the vents (similar to the carpet covers that were once available), 2nd piece would be made up for over the cluster surround. Could just Velcro it on and you would be set to go.

If there's any interest from anyone on here in getting one let me know, as I will be placing my next order for materials in 2 weeks, and could make a single one up to take photos of and show you guys.

If made the cost would probably be around the $70 mark for leatherette, double that for real leather. Perfectly shaped for the piazza (sure bob will lend me a piazza dash to mould from lol). Seeing as leatherette is $30 a meter and real leather $55, it would take nearly 2 meters to do each one so it's not that expensive, not that profitable either though lol.